Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2004, 03:13 PM   #21
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Glen & Lorraine, Congrats to you both!! We can't wait untill the day we can at least say "We finnaly made it" let alone be able to claim a full year! We'll just keep telling ourselves - If they can do so can we. Again, Congrats
Mel & Joy
3575RL

melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 04:58 PM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Glenn & Lorraine! Aint it grand??!!

Bob & Lee, hang in there. We had the same situation selling our home in Kansas but it did sell. Yours will, too.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 03:49 PM   #23
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Congratulations!! It only gets better and better! We just celebrated our 5th fulltiming anniversary. Can't imagine any other way.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 04:30 PM   #24
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha

Congratulations Glenn and Lorraine !!!

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 02:08 PM   #25
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Congratulations. Does it seem that long. You know what they say. "time flies when your having fun". Enjoy while you can
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 01:10 PM   #26
Montana_2004

M.O.C. #2004
Yes, congrats! We have been full timing for about 2 years. Mel still has a job for about a year more before he retires again but we live in our Montana with 2 cats and move ever 2-3 weeks. We've taken a few long trips but can't wait till we have no schedules at all.
Montana_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 04:03 PM   #27
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Congrats Glenn and Lorraine. Terrie and I are happy to have met you at the rally and hope that you enjoy your next year as much. I don't know that we will ever graduate to full-time but we will definitely be into "extended" trips - translated means months at a time. After all, we have our lot in Colorado already ready for the Montana and ready for our permanent domicile in about eight years. Our first retirement trip will be to Alaska. Hope to see you at the next rally.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 06:57 PM   #28
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
ZZZzz...Lorraine and I want to thank you all for your well wishes but we have decided to end this fulltiming FIASCO.
We have grown tired of not having to get up and go to work everyday.
Coming and going everyday as we please. Just sitting around day in and day out with no appointments, no schedule, no committments is for the birds.
Tired of not having a place we have to be and all the time in the world to get there. Not having to ask someone for time off to go away. If we want to drop everything and head for Texas tomorrow we do it.
That's not our kinda life.
What kind of a life is it when, You know you are retired when you wake up with nothing to do and go to bed with it only half done? Come on now, get real what is that all about? Who wants to get up every morning with nothing to do and all the time in the world to do it??

We need more structure, more substance in our lives...
I wanna go back to getting up everyday at 5AM and driving 2 hours thru morning rush hour traffic to a job that I hate. With a supervisor who doesn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground and only got the job because he's the owners wife's cousin. I wanna work along side of some of the most incompetent, ignorant fellow employees who couldn't hold down a job as pooper scooper if they weren't more of the owners relatives. Than at the end of a long hot tiring day I want to drive back home thru more bumper to bumper rush hour traffic just to have to listen to Lorraine complain about her day at work. More than anything I want to spend my weekends cutting and triming the lawn, raking the leaves or painting the house and all the other chores that stick house owners just love to do on their only days off. And I want that 30 year mortgage back. Not to mention property taxes, school taxes, state income tax.

ZZZZZZZZ--UHH What Lorraine? Wake up? Oh really, it's going on 1 AM, I must have fallen asleep at this 'puter. You know I had this weird nightmare about fulltiming zzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 01:10 AM   #29
DrivesBGM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3
Very cute Glenn!!

But l'm glad that life isn't quite that bleak for me in my pre-fulltimer years that I am enduring now!

And just think you don't get any vacations or holidays off. And your weekends have no significance whatsoever! Looks to me like you and Lorriane are really missing out on the "good life"!

Wanna trade places????

Craig
DrivesBGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:44 PM   #30
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
ROFLMAO! I cannot imagine going back to work. I don't know how I ever had time for work. If retirement is supposed to mean lots of time to do nothing, well, it aint happening! The difference is now I can do all those things I didn't have time for before and I can do it on my (well, Vicki has a say) schedule. Ahhh, the good life.

Craig, EVERY day is a holiday!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 02:03 PM   #31
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Wanna trade places????
Yeah sure, can't wait, be there in the AM................NOT

Hang in there Craig, fulltiming will be here before you know it

Quote:
quote:Ahhh, the good life.