Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2004, 04:56 PM   #1
Montana_1683
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1683
Built-in Vac

Does anyone have the dometic built-in vaccuum system? Our 05-3295, came with one when we bought it from the dealer. I was wondering where I could buy additional bags. There is one in the system plus 1 extra in the accesories storage bag that was in the storage area above the vac, commonly known as the coat closet by the door.
It seems to do a reasonably good job, although the 1st time, didn't have the wand extension. It was stored in one of the overhead cabinets, not with the rest of the accessories. To bad the head for the carpets doesn't have a some type of power head to better pick up items in the rug. Before putting parts away, I have to clean lint, pet hair, etc from the bristles in the head.

Gary

Montana_1683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 05:55 PM   #2
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
I have the Dometic vacuum and have not yet used up the bags that came with it, but I looked at Camping World online and you can order them from them.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 08:58 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Gimmy2001,
I have the same vac and have had no trouble with it. I also saw the refill bags at Camping World. The head for the carpet does really well for me, especially since I live at the lake for the summer and no matter how hard we try there is alway sand brought in. I did notice last week, only after using this vac for almost 2 full months that there is an adjustable lever on the head. Once I moved it in the opposite direction I found it does the carpet so much better. Just a thought try moving the lever to the other position and see if that helps. I am still on the original bag from the factory, seems they do last a while. Congrats on your new RV. Hope you have many happy miles to come.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 04:17 AM   #4
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
Look around on th web for central vac sites. I have a power head that is run by the suction of the vec, no electric required. It is only about 10" wide so it would be a good size for the trailer.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 04:51 AM   #5
GordonR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1801
Send a message via AIM to GordonR
Here's a link to the Camping World bags: http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...m?skunum=22965
GordonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 11:12 AM   #6
Montana_1683
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1683
Thanks for all the information. I will order some bags from Camping World. Also will look into the vac powered head.

Gary
Montana_1683 is offline   Reply With Quote