Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
air 5er hitch; economical alternative and chucking

Well you know there is a story here first, don't ya.

I PM'd Ozz a Question today from work. Here is an example of my errors.
There is also a thread on Bucking and Chucking which lead me to this dialog.

What would you think, if you typed a link into a web page and by adding an 'ES' to the end of it making it plural is a completely different company.

Having been on the internet since 1983 DARPA net. I've never had this problem. But a single character in a URL resolves to a completely different IP address. I knew this, but just never experienced it before.

There is some Good INFO here for all of us to read. I never realized about their claim of 1/8 inch of slop can cause this. I definitely need to re-shim my hitch (no matter what I do)
Look at their page; and I can attest to the blowout, sheet metal repair is almost right on the money. (that was another thread here)

What is your opinion of this chart?
http://www.airsafehitches.com/air_vs_rigid.html
East Coast Partners Grp
1041 Old Blush Road, S-200
Celebration, FL 34747

http://airsafehitch.com/5th-wheel/up...ting-5th-wheel
Air Hitch Technology | 4258 3rd Avenue NW | Bldg 250 | Fargo, ND 58102
Telephone: (866) 414-4824 | Fax: (701) 277-7073

So I had a few questions of Jim (Ozz). I got home and went to review what I was looking for from work. Well Ozz posted a link in the other thread pointing to Photobucket. But I could not find it. Then I found it only it was on his Picasa web site.
https://picasaweb.google.com/Jimsue1...70687846548194

So I have emailed the company and the one I need is their upgrade kit #16160. Which company you may ask. Well the singular.
http://airsafehitch.com/5th-wheel/up...ting-5th-wheel

I figured if I can do this for a lot less by using my existing hardware and just add their kit. If you are not aware, I'm trying not to spend another 1K+, We might be able to benefit from an upgrade like this.

I don't know just yet but if I hear any more I'll let you all know. BTW Ozz gave it a thumbs up from his PM.

If I get more serious on my trips and stop being a weekend warrior and a yearly vacation then I could justify more money in upgrades.

Happy camping.

This does not belong under this category but if you have paid attention this long here is a recipe that only requires 2tbl spoon of dark beer and its sold in 12 packs. Just make sure the misses knows why you need it for supper.
http://bbq.about.com/od/Burger_Patty...rger-Patty.htm

Old 04-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Let us know how the conversion goes. I've already converted my Reese hitch once so I know it's easy. Also thanks for the recipe. I'll be giving that a try.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #3
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
I'm not saying anything bad about their product, but their list of costs vs not having their product is horse manure.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:03 AM   #4
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Yes Tom I agree with you to a point.

I'm not advocating one product over another, nor making a determination on their validity of claims.

Based upon experience, the ride in a Cadillac with a soft suspension is drastically different from being tossed around in a rock crawler Jeep.

What I do know is this is something I am researching.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:43 AM   #5
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
I agree with Tom. But since they put it written advertising, I would tell them, IF they have a written warranty that specifies that all of the things are covered-such as you can't break the frame with there unit, and my vehicle resale value is guaranteed higher-go for it and you will collect a fortune holding them to it :-)
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #6
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
When you try to post informative information for peoples benefit

Upon edit I decided to delete the rest of my response for the good of all

Happy Camping
Old 04-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #7
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
We all appreciate the information you have provided, it is always good to know what is available to make our RV travels better. That said, the manufacturer seems to have gone overboard in their claims, which isn't unusual. Please don't take the comments personal,they are directed towards the manufacturer,not you
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #8
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by uhftx

Happy Camping
Didn't mean to offend you, you ask for an opinion on a advertising chart and you were given an opinion on that chart.
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #9
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:

Happy Camping
Too bad you feel that way. For myself, I always look at "good info" from the company selling the product as suspicious, and Airsafe is no different. Companies make many wild claims to make their product look so good, so you'll wonder why everyone doesn't use it. Fact of the matter is, if a product is that good, companies don't need to make those wild claims. Now if that information were coming from a third party, especially if that party were independent, they would hold much more weight with me.

I wasn't trying to rain on your parade, just trying to keep you from getting caught up in marketing claims that at least in my opinion are way overstated.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:39 AM   #10
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
This had nothing to do with what you posted. Upon review and reflection my original response(deleted) could of been misread. The connotations could of been interpreted as a message not condusive to a harmonious dialog.

Truth in advertising. Yup take a Yota and tow a space shuttle. Artic package Alaska -35F last time I was there. Do not bend, fold, spindle or mutilate. Any new dietary aid/supplement. Advertizers / marketing types are right up there with a few other professions not to be mentioned.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:50 AM   #11
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:

This had nothing to do with what you posted. Upon review and reflection my original response(deleted) could of been misread. The connotations could of been interpreted as a message not condusive to a harmonious dialog.

Truth in advertising. Yup take a Yota and tow a space shuttle. Artic package Alaska -35F last time I was there. Do not bend, fold, spindle or mutilate. Any new dietary aid/supplement. Advertizers / marketing types are right up there with a few other professions not to be mentioned.
Yeah, I loved that one! I would have paid money to see that Toyota come to a 10% grade - either up or down!
Old 04-13-2013, 05:01 AM   #12
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
We really love ours, I have a slider and the air hitch. You can look in the rear-view mirror and see the nose of the Monte gently 'floating' up and down when you hit a bump. It is great.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote