Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2004, 09:09 AM   #1
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Generators-Common Mistakes

Well, 2 weeks in Chicago on a generator was an experience. Had to laugh, my daughter found me cleaning a stall and goes "How come the toaster won't work"? After I showed her a couple times, it went smooth.

Just wanted to say, we purchased the little Honda 3000 and it ran the Air great. . Was able to enjoy TV also and and video games.

I did make a stuipd mistake tho, I forgot last trip when shutting down to turn off the electric heater for the hot water tank, and sometimes the generator would break a circuit and I couldn't figure out why. It wasn't until I noticed while starting the generator, it was pulling amps as soon as I started it, which lead me to check things out, and sure enough, after I realized what I did and shut off the electric hot water switch and only used propane, it never happened again.

The Honda 3000 will run the Air for those who are shopping. Of course others had much larger generators, but this one I can carry myself.

P.S. We had a great horse show. My daughter rode great. When I get some time I will update my webshots for all of you to see some current pictures.

Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 09:32 AM   #2
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Thank you for the info, I was wondering which one you were going to get. And I like the price tag on the Honda rather than the Onan.

Congrats to your daughter!
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 10:17 AM   #3
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Montana Sue, Sounds like you had a great time and I can't wait to see the new pictures.Congratulations to your daughter.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 11:25 AM   #4
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Glad you are back on the forum. Congrats to your daughter. I have a daughter and grandaughter in CT who ride in shows and I know how rewarding it is when you have a great ride. Thanks for bringing us up to date on your generator. Good info!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:26 PM   #5
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Thanks for the heads up on that potential problem. When I get a generator you'll be able to show me all the tricks won't you?

XOXOXO
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote