Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2004, 03:43 PM   #1
Montana_907
Established Member

M.O.C. #907
No-fuss flush

We just picked up our new 3685FL and I an in the process of making sure everything works. Unfortunately I saw the PDI checklists after I did it. In the process of checking everything, I tried to fill the black water tank with the No-fuss flush connection. Fortunately, I went inside the trailer to see if I could hear water flowing in. Instead of hearing water flowing in the toilet, like I expected, I heard it under the bathroom sink. I looked under there and it was gushing out of some sort of vent in the water line. Needless to say, I rushed out and turned off the water, and then had a large amount of water to clean up. Two, questions follow: 1) What is this vent and what is it for? 2) Why was the flush line feeding water in what appears to be the fresh water system? Isn't it supposed to feed directly into the black water tank?

Also, I filled the fresh water holding tank to test the water pump. After finding the valve to turn off the antifreeze line, the pump was very noisy and I could feel the floor vibrate. I take it this isn't normal, but is this a sign of a bad pump or poor installation? I want to be prepared for the dealer response.

2004 Montana 3685FL
2004 Chevy Silverado LT 4x4 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 6.6 Duramax with Allison

Montana_907 is offline   Reply With Quote