Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2006, 07:45 AM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
The Soap Opera Continues

As most of you know my Mother passed on on Feb 9. There was much to do and many relatives to get from airport, housed and fed. Obits to write, things to do to take care of her home. On the morning of the 15th (Wednesday) I had a heart attack. Me who thought my only health problem was my leg, who had just last March had all the heart tests and was told I was okay (when X-Raying for pneumonia they thought my heart was enlarged). Went to ER via ambulance, they transferred me to Inland Empire Heart Institute (St. Bernardine) in San Bernardino. Told me I was to have immediate surgery. On Friday morning I had a double angioplasty (stent). I missed my mothers funeral (as did Ed because he was with me). I missed sharing all the love and support from my extended family who had come from all over the US. Most of them did get to visit me in CCU but you know how that is, 2 at a time and quick. Plus I was in a fog a lot of the time. My wonderful daughters took over and finished all the arrangements and took care of everything. On Friday as the long day was winding down for them, they received a call that their (3 oldest ones) father had died. I came home on Sunday and was able to go to my Mother's burial (delayed because the National cemeteries are so busy) on Tuesday. The limo did not show up and the whole thing was late but we made it. That was yesterday and today my daughters are at their father's funeral at the Crystal Cathedral in Costa Mesa. He was very active there and was a part of the Men's Ministries. They are singing (they sang at Mother's also) and my grandson accompanies on his guitar. They harmonize like only brothers and sisters can. I am feeling okay, tired and weak, with a ton of pills to take everyday but I will be okay. I was able to spend Monday with my daughters and we did some sorting and dividing up of things but it will take months to accomplish it all. I have no siblings so I am very thankful for my girls who have been such a great help. Monty was a great guest house with everyone here. While it seems like a true soap opera (they said soaps are calmer) they were glad they were all together to support each other. One thing we did for Mother and they did for Bob also was picture boards to have at the funeral. What a great way to share memories as you search for those old pictures.
Happy trails...................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Sue, I am so sorry to hear about your heart attack. It never ends does it? You said your's is a Soap Opera. The only thing I have to say about that is that you can turn a Soap Opera off if you don't like what is happening. Life isn't that easy. I pray for your continued recovery and hope that everything gets back to normal for you soon. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:26 AM   #3
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Sue, Wow you have been through so much! I am happy to hear you are doing good. I guess it comes in 3s like they say, but that was an awful lot for you and your family at one time. God bless and I sure hope it gets better for you, your husband and children.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:44 AM   #4
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Sorry Sue,

I guess you just never know when it is going to happened. Hang it there.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:52 AM   #5
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
We have been through the loss of family members. Understand the feeling you are going through. We live in a world where life is not eternal. Only through God can we make it.

YOU WILL MAKE IT TO SHASTA JUST LIKE PAUL WILL!!!!
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 09:49 AM   #6
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
Sue, It is hard to express oneself through words only....if only I could just reach out to you and be there to console and help in some small way. Know that I am thinking about you and most of all we are all praying for you that God will strenghten you and enable you to get through these rough times.
Shirley Williamson
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 09:56 AM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Oh, Sue, we are so sorry for this setback in the midst of all your other losses. May He who is The Great Comforter be very real to you at this time. We do really lift you and your family up in prayer at this time. And I hope that you will be gaining strength every day.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:06 AM   #8
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
All our best to you, we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:42 AM   #9
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Sue, there are no words, reread what Dave and Shirley Williamson said, they said it quite well! We are having a rash of bad things happening to MOC people, some that are not posted on the web site, so, to all those MOC'ers who have ailing parents, or children, or them selves are under the weather, we wish you all a speedy recovery!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:04 AM   #10
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Sue, we are very sorry to hear of all unfortunate things happening to you. Get well soon and we hope to share some good times with you at the Shasta Rally.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #11
Jim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #865
Sue - Sorry to here of your challenges in your life. We are really happy that we got the chance to meet you personally when we were staying in Hemet. When you are better we look forward to seeing you up our way in your Monty. All the best.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:14 PM   #12
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Such an accummulation of disappointments, pain, shock and uncertainty, but the good news is that you are still writing to us. Be sure to take time for yourself. We are able to manage huge amounts of stress IF we take the time necessary for recovery. So please be nice to you and let yourself heal. We will lift you up to the Great Healer.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:40 PM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
keep a positive attitude and you will get through the bad times. We are at our best when things are at the worst.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:43 PM   #14
ejc1214
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5232
Sorry to hear about your ongoing troubles. Keep your spirits up and remember that even in our darkest hours, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Good bless you.
ejc1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:44 PM   #15
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Some people will do anything to avoid a family get-together.

I'm sorry for your loss but happy you're still with us. Stress can have all kinds of terrible effects on people. Get well quick.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:50 PM   #16
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
You remain in our thoughts and prayers Sue. Keep the faith.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:46 PM   #17
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Sue, most of the great writers throughout history realized that no matter how expansive their vocabularies or their skill with words, that sometimes they fall short of what we feel. Like David said, this is one of those times. Please know,however, that you are in my prayers and thoughts.

I suppose if some words might help, we can lean on those of Hemingway—and I am paraphrasing here—that life tries to break everyone, but if we survive, we come back stronger at the broken places. You should be very strong.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:22 PM   #18
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
GODS speed. He will never leave you or forsake you.
pud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:34 PM   #19
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Sue, When it rains it pours. Life can be a pickle sometimes. Hang in there. Thanks for sharing and God bless.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:53 PM   #20
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I am so sorry for all that has happened to you. My prayers are with you and thinking of you. You will get through this. Think positive.
Dusty
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote