Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2006, 06:06 AM   #41
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
dsprik

Just to be sure I am understood, I was NOT trying to start some screaming match on dumping gray water at my site. I just had that random thought (maybe my entire brain is on random, being in the Valley tends to put you in a different mind set! ) about the shower and washing hands.

Personally we have been in a situation where they asked us to dump the gray water on the ground during a very severe draught and that was in Michigan! We were surprised, but did as we were asked, as there was huge fire danger and we had about 3000 rigs in a state rec area. That said, makes ya wonder just how effective dumping a few gallons of water on an area that large and that dry can be?? I doubt it really did any good.

But, other than that one situation, we vote for dumping in the prescribed areas, the thought of pulling into a campsite all mucky from the prior resident dumping gray water makes me personally ill, but then, again, we all have our own reactions to stuff, eh??

Because we try to honor the campground owners and respect other RVers, we do our best to not leave messes behind, no matter where we go, call it protecting our enviornment, call it whatever, call it the Golden Rule. We never left behind cigarette butts so many years ago when we smoked, the entire campsite was checked for dead butts and they were picked up. We do the same with trash, and feel the same about waste water.

OKKK, I am gonna go sit in the sun. No waste water on the ground here, nice full hookups!

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #42
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Sorry, Carol. I sure didn't mean to offend you. Your post just reminded me of that post on the other forum. Debating this didn't even cross my mind.

Besides, I can't remember ever winning an arguement with a woman in my life. My mind moves quite randomly, also.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:07 AM   #43
Virgil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1457
All I ever use mine for is cleaning up the grill, getting water to wash bugs off tv windshield. I think I did use it once to wash sand off my feet. I use the shower as a handy outside warm or hot water source as I am sure most do. I am not sure how much it costs as an option, but I think it is worth it.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:13 AM   #44
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Virgil

All I ever use mine for is cleaning up the grill, getting water to wash bugs off tv windshield. I think I did use it once to wash sand off my feet. I use the shower as a handy outside warm or hot water source as I am sure most do. I am not sure how much it costs as an option, but I think it is worth it.
Virgil, the newest Montana option sheet list it as $140 (retail). Doesn't seem like much in the total scheme of things.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:18 AM   #45
Virgil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1457
One thing I forgot to mention is that I always run the water into a container. Not that I am environmentally concerned over that little bit of grey water spillage, it is just easier for me to dump it in a container. When i am done I usually take the water inside and dump it down the sink. Not a big deal either way.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:48 AM   #46
DCP
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1013
Send a message via AIM to DCP Send a message via MSN to DCP
I use ours for a wide variety of things from the dog to boating gear. I would not be without one!
DCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #47
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We had the outside shower on our TT..however execpt for the hot water why not run a Y off the city input and use that water.We are reconsidering the outside shower.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:01 PM   #48
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
It's great for washing the dog.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:15 PM   #49
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Like some others, I keep a bar of soap in there. When I'm leaving a campground, I have everything locked up and I stop by the dump station, dump, then wash my hands and back on the road. That way I can do everything from one side of the TV and Trailer. As with most options, its up to the individual whether its worth it to them. There are darn few things in life that are necessary beside basic food, shelter and clothing. Most of us are buying what we want, not what we need.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #50
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
My Dad is convinced that the world economy is going to collapse, brought on by the running out of oil, and that we are all going to have to learn to ride horses again. I laugh... nervously...

Better order my shower while I can...
Old 01-09-2006, 04:29 PM   #51
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
It is very nice to have if you are dumping at a place other than your CG site. Like Ron says, you can clean up and not have to go inside except to switch off the pump. Even if you've turned off the hot water and are leaving a camp site and dumping on the way out, the water should still be hot. We've also used it to water plants when we are parked for a while and have plants.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #52
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
The main selling point for me is the access to hot water outside the Montana.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:23 AM   #53
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dave
I agree it is the hot water. We usually have a Y connection at the CG spigot but it is cold and if the weather is cold, it is really cold. It is also handy to fill up a large container (bucket for instance) instead of bringing it inside and filling in shower and then slopping it all over as you carry it outside. I think it is one of those things you might not use but once or twice a year but sure good to have it when you need it.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:20 AM   #54
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
I use it a lot when at the lake or working outside to clean up with. As for as winter what I do is blow out the lines with air. Then close the faucet so no water can get into it when you add water to the tank. I have camped in it down to -15. Never a problem however my furnace is in the cabinet below it.
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote