Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2005, 04:21 PM   #1
Starchmill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2070
Send a message via AIM to Starchmill
Mountaineer low-point drain question

I winterized my mountaineer today and I have been wondering for a while now what the 2 low-point drains up near the middle of the unit are for? The single low-point drain near the rear of the unit is what the dealer used last yr to drain the fresh water tank. So what on earth are those 2 other ones???? They actually are still full of pink stuff from last yr. It almost looks like a hot and cold water line, just because they are right together. But that doesn't make any sense. I'm sure you guys know.

Starchmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 04:59 PM   #2
Ed Benson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1027
The dual drains are indeed the "end of the line" hot and cold drain points on my 305FKS. I usually drop the "pink stuff" from them in the spring - otherwise you might notice some off flavor in your water - if you drink from tap. The antifreeze will settle into them during winterization and stay until offered a way out. The single drain point is the fresh water tank drain.
Ed Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 02:54 PM   #3
Starchmill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2070
Send a message via AIM to Starchmill
Thanks for the reply. I always wondered about this and why the pink stuff was still in the tubes. SO, I was thinking, for the winter, could you add a touch of pink stuff to the fresh water tank till it fills the low point drain, and then fill the rest of the tank (flushing the excess pink out of the tank) and end up with the drain protected but still have fresh water in the tank for use? It seems like it should work???
Starchmill is offline   Reply With Quote