Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2005, 03:58 PM   #41
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
With all of the fulltimers having whole summer plans, us poor worker bees are left to keep the economy humming. We plan on heading to Colorado's northwest corner for a week and to spend another week visiting relatives along the front range. Then down to El Paso, Texas for a week of work with the fiver. Then, home. We also plan on spending a week going out to Maine this fall. And, don't forget time at the Great Lakes Rally in September. Not enough vacation time left for the National Rally, sorry to say. I've spent four of the last five weeks setting a plant up down in Juarez, Mexico and am ready for some vacation time.

Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:29 AM   #42
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bob Pasternak

Hi Sue: It's the way it's sitting. I checked it on level pavement and it is about an inch higher in back than in front.
Now I can notice the pavement slope. Just watchin out for ya
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 04:48 AM   #43
Montana_3032
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3032
Memorial Day Week - heading up to Beaver Bend State Park in Ok (havn't ever been there so I'm hyped about going here for the first time)

July 4th Week - New Braunfels..love this place.
Montana_3032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:13 PM   #44
THE BAILEY BEARS
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #300
Hope to be heading up Montana and Idaho way this summer. Don't have any definite dates but we'll work it in. Would also like to go to the Black Hills and ride the bike trails but don't know if it will be one or two trips. Monty has been sitting for 6-7 weeks and I'm itching to go.
THE BAILEY BEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:27 PM   #45
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Bailey Bears -
The Michelson trail is wonderful. We stayed at the Rafter Bar J last summer B.M. (before Monty) and it was great. Rafter Bar J is a little pricey but close to everything and right on the trail.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 01:17 AM   #46
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Heading to St. Paul, MN. Meemorial Week to see kids and grand kids there. Live in the Thumb area of Mich.Will pull up to the UP and go across to WI then to MN. I love it that way less cars and trucks.Better than going around through chicago with the zoom, zoom,zoom.Will come back whenever and get ready to head out to Colorado to see more kids and grand kids first part of July, darn this time I have to head by Chicago.When we leave Colorado we will head out to Wasington to see another son and his wife no grand kids here yet.Will get to see more of this beautiful country, I love this trip.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 01:29 AM   #47
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Maybe you should hang around out west and drop down to the Rally in Reno the first week of October.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 05:31 AM   #48
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by whitetrash

Memorial Day Week - heading up to Beaver Bend State Park in Ok (havn't ever been there so I'm hyped about going here for the first time)

July 4th Week - New Braunfels..love this place.
Whitetrash,
You will have a lot of company in New Braunfels July 4th. The city expects approximately 50 to 75 thousand visitors. Best water park around and a fine river for floating. Have a good time!
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:16 PM   #49
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Not to dredge up an old post, But I was searching thru here and found a likening for Blue Bunny Ice Cream. That's where I'm employed currently and I have to tell you we make a lot of Ice Cream for a lot of parts of the country. If you are ever in NW Iowa stop in Le Mars and visit the "Ice Cream Capitol of the World" visitor’s center. There is more Ice Cream produced in Le Mars than any other city in the world. Thus Le Mars was named the “Ice Cream Capitol of the World” a few years ago. Enough of me sounding like a salesman, I just wanted to give anyone driving thru a place to stop and visit. There is a smaller version of a sandwich machine inside the museum and an old fashion Ice Cream parlor located right next to the visitors center.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:37 AM   #50
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
True ice cream afficionados have already visited LeMars, I believe. Steve will probably be along to comment soon. What a great "hobby", looking for ice cream shops. We're heading west across Iowa 18 today but I'll have to check the map to see how close we'll come. Thanks for the info, Fordzilla.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:35 AM   #51
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Fordzilla, we took the tour in Le Mars just last year! I do wish we could have gone in the actual factory, though. But it still was very enjoyable. Blue Bunny Homemade Chocolate and Homemade Vanilla are our favorites.

Vicki's mother was born in Doon, which is not too far from Le Mars. We were in Sioux Falls, registering to vote, so tripped down to Doon and then Le Mars. Sorry we didn't know you then or we'd have stopped to say hello. My sister and family live in Ames so we get to that area occasionally.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:54 AM   #52
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Ever sincs 9/11 we have not allowed tours anymore. They used to allow us to take friends and family into the freezer where I work and show them around. I would be glad to visit with you some time. If your ever in the area again look me up and I'll see if I can't pull a few strings and get you a inside peek.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:21 AM   #53
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are going to Lewisburg, Wv for the FCRV international campvention then to the outer banks, will be gone for most of July.We did cut back a bit due to the high cost of fuel. We will be doing @1500 miles and two destinations instead of 3000 miles and 4 destinations. Note that our camping club is down 40 % in travel this season and it will be interesting to see if campvention is down this year. The PR is saying that the fuel prices are not bothering anyone but I don't see it that way. All the campgrounds we have been to thus far are reporting 20 to 30% off this season and we were able to get last min 4th of July campground reservations at a campground on Lake Erie..That would normally be impossible. We set aside so many $ for fuel cost and that is all we can spend so we cut our trip in half and are staying longer at the campgrounds.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:22 PM   #54
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
jrgwdenner = regarding the ice cream tip. Tillamook Ice Cream is made there in Tillamook, Oregon. They will give you a tour and you can buy your ice cream, cheese, milk etc right there. The cheese is really great too!! Sorry I didn't answer sooner..haven't had on line access very often for an extended time. But then you aren't going till Sept. so plan for a real treat..
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:39 PM   #55
Montana_883
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #883
We just bought a herd of steers in Montana,we'll be going up to get them loaded on a truck. We will take the Monty up along with the horse tailer (my son gets to pull horses). Any ways we thought we would do a little vacationing while we'er there. Go through the Park then look at Glaisher area as well. This will have to do as our vacation, because we'll be feeding cattle all winter. (There goes our winter in the the sun). Again we have plenty of room here in Idaho if anyone would like to stop in. Its a good stop over if your headed to the Yellowstone. (2hrs away)
Montana_883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:38 AM   #56
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
John and Sharlee ... We're going to be at Yellowstone from 8/15 to 9/15 and we'll be parked about 80 miles north of Rigby, so a day trip to your place is a piece of cake! We'll get with you sometime in late July to check schedules and get directions, etc.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:20 PM   #57
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Myrna, thanks for the tip about Tillamook. I had heard that they were famous for their cheese. Seems like ice cream would also be a natural product for anyone making cheese. When are the apples ready in Washington? I hope our timing is right for them.