Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2016, 03:09 PM   #21
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
Likely a weight distribution issue however the Mor rydes generally take most of the chuck out of the ride unless of course you are on US 23 South or North bound around the Campers World......worst stretch of road for chuck I've ever been on.. lol

As too the comments regarding your truck not being able to handle the trailer I will have to call bull crap on that causing the chucking... There are literally thousands of 2500HD diesels pulling Montana's and other makes of large trailers without issue.
S
I have a 3790rd and have air bags, no chucking (other than on US 23 from the road construction.

Try redistrubting the weigth in the trailer if it isn't better I'd have a service centre check the Mor Ryde. Also assuming that the trailer is sitting level when hooked up to the truck ?

speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 11:04 AM   #22
leemedic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13354
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DAVID A NEWBERRY

Ok. Here is the situation. I own a 2013 GMC 2500HD 4x4 King cab diesel pickup truck. I have installed Timbren extra heavy duty spring helpers. ( advise from suspension garage) I recently purchased a used 5th wheel a 2015 Keystone Montana 3402RL with the Mor/ryde pin box and suspension. That being said I need some serious advice on how to stop the chucking. I doesn't matter if your going slow or fast. We took a 200 mile trip for Labor day and It was a horid trip. Could the mor/ryde rubber be damaged? Do I need a new pin box? The truck has all the power to pull the trailer it just bounces bad. We are just frustrated.

How much air do you have in the tires of the truck?
leemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:17 PM   #23
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
We pulled our 3900FB with a 3/4 RAM. We had no problem with chucking. We didn't have the Timbrens on it, so I don't know about that, but it seems unlikely that they would cause chucking. We do have the Timbrens on our 1-ton dually, pulling our Big Sky and have never noticed any issues.
Virginia Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 03:46 AM   #24
donshearing

M.O.C. #19042
Chucking comes from movement. If the truck were undersized you would experience more porpoising than Chucking. It will most likely have to do with pin weight too light or gap at kingpin connection to 5th wheel hitch. Like most posts say, check your weights loaded for a trip. Run each axle connected, then truck disconnected.
donshearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 03:50 AM   #25
donshearing

M.O.C. #19042
Leave your 5th wheel locked to your kingpin, lift the unit from the bed of your truck still connected. With a friend, move the hitch around back and forth to see if you can feel any gap movements.
donshearing is offline   Reply With Quote