Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2013, 03:50 AM   #1
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Oppps but fun

Had a chance to go spend a few days bonding with my rig. Went to a small Texas state park, just 18 spaces, six were occupied. Large spaces spread out. Norther was predicted so took plenty of fire wood. Norther showed with plenty of high winds, temp in the thirties. Every camper in the place had their "Indian" campfires morning and evening.Glad I took plenty of fire wood. Was a great several days. On the way home was cruzing down a farm to market road enjoying the day, topped a hill, and low and behold the wind had apparently broken a limb off and it was hanging low over the road, no time to stop, traffic coming, could not move over to go around. Big thud, scar on front cap top clearance lens gone, crunch, first sewer vent gone, rip, two small holes in roof fabric, bam, second sewer vent gone, thud, skylight above shower took a hit, didn't break, whew, then a big bang, ladder bent. Rest of trip was uneventful. All has been repaired and life goes on. A great trip, ready to go again.

ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:46 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Sorry you had the issue. Low hanging limbs have done some remodeling to our rig at times. So far we've been lucky and the damage was minor. Safe travels!
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:59 AM   #3
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Sounds like you had fun on top of adding a little "character" to the trailer.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:26 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
LOL, that "character" on the trailer always prompts others to think, "I wonder what the other guy looks like".

Reminds me of the old Bugs Bunny cartoon and there's a scene where Bugs is being chased by someone in the Venice canals and there's a low arch with the sign "Ducka you head, Lowla Bridgeada". That still makes me laugh. But not when it's real life.

Glad to hear it's all taken care of. Hmmm, another tool to add to the RVing lifestyle - a chainsaw.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #5
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
UGH....I would have had to utter a few choice words...add a little blue smoke...wave my arms and hands around for emphasis...shake my fist at the sky...and then would have calmed down. So I think you did good being so positive about it that you could write about it without adding any cuss words!!!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
That's funny Art-N-Marge you just made me crack up again that's classic Bugs "LOWLA BRIDGEADA" have not seen that one in a LONG time Gotta go to You Tube and watch it again
Old 03-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
ole dude
You have a good attitude after something happens there is no need to get upset. After it has happened it's over fix the problem and forget it.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote