Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2010, 05:03 AM   #21
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
The only ones who are making money this past week are the brokers. They all of a sudden realized that there was trouble overseas and they sold off. Of course they get paid to sell. Now today "all of a sudden" overseas doesen't look that bad and the market has risen over 100 points so far. Gee, who do you think made money again today??? No wonder there bonuses are in the millions of dollars,make money to sell and make money to rebuy it. Don't you wish you could make money that way?

racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:52 AM   #22
KDS MONY
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7362
Racerjoe, you hit it on the head!! The only ones who get really rich are on Wall Street the rest of us just hope to make enough dividends to live on. At this point in life we just want our stuff to hold its value and pay a modest dividend. Trying to make abig gain is a good way to loss it all, best wishes, Jay and Kathy(free investment advice is always worth what you pay for it!!)
KDS MONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #23
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
Very young and don't know much about this stuff. But I look at it like my dad did. Its the Golden Rule- He with the gold Rules!
junglejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #24
ray fischer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3760
The G-7 met in Canadas Artic to decide on how to keep Greece and Portugal from defaulting. The market reacted to the fear of default last week. The G7 announced they would back those two and keep them afloat and the market reacted up. How long can this keep up? If 2 or 3 countries default, there will be a run on the banks. Why are the Gold sellers advertising so much? More Gold commercials than I've ever heard. If it's so great, why don't they hoard it? I read today that Zales jewelers closed 300 stores because people aren't buying jewelry. Many other jewelers in trouble. Who do you believe anymore? The mattress bank is looking very appealing.
ray fischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:26 AM   #25
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
And I know those that didn't trust the market so they invested in RE.
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:01 AM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
OK, folks, if I understand this correctly we're currently in a new era of govenment, an era where those of you "haves" are supposed to share with us "have nots." So, you "haves" could email me and I'll send you address for you to send me the check.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:31 AM   #27
KDS MONY
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7362
Steve, sorry but you don't understand who the haves and havenots are. YOU are a have and the "guberment" is asking you give til it hurts so the havenots don't have to go to work, sorry but best wishes, Jay and Kathy
Old 02-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #28
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We lost to much in the markets during the last 10 years. I don't trust the markets at all. As for Gold if our Country goes under what good is Gold. And why is everyone trying to sell Gold? Oh well we still try to live everyday as if its the first and last. GBYT....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #29
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
What... You mean you don't have any junk gold.. I asked Helen to round up all our junk Gold and she asked me how gold can be junk.. I would be happy to take all of your junk gold off your hands.. Send it to good old Mouse Mountain.. The markets have over the years been good to us. We got out in 1996 when the getting out was good. Did I mention our (Helen's) 401K (TSP FUND) down 51 % at the worst but making a comeback..We, like Steve are the havenots.. round up your junk gold and send it out.....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #30
KDS MONY
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7362
Rich, I'm telling you guys, you just don't understand. When we go cruising down the road in our nice fancy TVs and RVs everybody things we are the wealthy ones!! We need to be careful or there will be a luxury tax on us so the havenots can have free healhtcare!! Just kidding, don't want to get too political here or I'll get kicked off. But seriously as long as we can stay on the road we are the haves in the sense that we have something that only the RV lifestyle can give, the freedom to cruise this great country of ours, best wishes, Jay and Kathy
Old 02-12-2010, 03:33 AM   #31
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
I heard on the radio from one of the investment gurus (maybe Dave Ramsey) that the market is fully back from the big drop a while back. So if you left your investments alone, they too (as a whole) should be back. I looked at mine...he's right.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote