Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2008, 06:56 AM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Garbage Truck

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport.
We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really friendly.

So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!'

This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'

He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.

The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day. Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so..... 'Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who don't.'

Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:16 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Good point Wayne and a great message. Kind of like the half-full, half-empty conundrum that I prefer to refer to as a work in progress (being filled). We all should learn (I constantly strive) to never let others bring a dark cloud into and affect the sunshine of our lives. Bonus days are to be enjoyed, not rued!! Thanks for the reminder.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:23 PM   #3
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Good story!

I hope I can remember it the next time someone tries to merge from an on ramp. Sometimes you can't get over. I believe people think differently than they used to, it seems now they expect you to move over and merge for them.