Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Murphy's law

I have been wanting to ride the beach on my bike since we have been here, just haven't done it until today. It was overcast, but really warm, close to 80, so off I went.
I got about 1/2 mile and it started to sprinkle, I thought, it's cool, a little rain won't hurt, after all, we wouldn't want to go to the beach and get wet...
Well, another 1/4 mile and the sky opened up, I got soaked, I still was pedaling, close to the incoming surf, I passed the Radisson, where all the kids are, some were playing in the surf, the music stopped up on the stage because of the heavy rain, kids were huddled inside the various tents,; the Army, Marines, Gieco, and others. I kept going, my practical side was apprehensive that I would get hit by lightning, there was none in sight, but, it takes only one strike to ruin your surviving family's day...my destination was Boomerand Billy's. I arrived there, and carried, drug my wet bike in the soggy sand, got up under one side where a cover was and dried my hair and arms with a small towel I carry in my rear bag. It was nice, I talked with the Sandman and his group, local artists that make sand sculptures as well as teach others their art. After 1/2 hr or so, it stopped, I headed up Gulf Boulevard to the Wanna Wanna, drying my wet body on the way. It was very nice, the Sun coming in and out, my bike splashing warm water on my thonged feet. Kids were venturing out of their rentals, all excited to see the sun.
I spoke with my very nice friend Brian, the bartender at the Wanna Wanna about the weather, and Spring Break for 1/2 hr or so, he just may be the nicest person on the island. I headed home, the 4.5 mile stretch, I had visions of a Dagwood style ham sandwich in my mind, a few olives and some chips.
The sammy was all I had wished for, my wet day was fun and another memorable day here on the island.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
A poet you are...hope your reposting this stuff to a literary journal that you can publish for us younger generation to ponder as we consider following in your foot steps.
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I am keeping copies, but it's hard for me to think my little stories will bear the bright light of anything serious.
And...thank you my friend.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:10 PM   #4
jfarmer
Established Member

M.O.C. #7950
You are to MOC what Harvey Penick "Little Red Book" is to golf. Thanks for your posts.
jfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:10 PM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
jfarmer, thank you for your kindness.
(I now will research Harvey Penick)