Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2020, 08:31 AM   #1
chapman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10801
Paint code

I have a 2010 3150 and got a small ding on the rear fiberglass cap. I can fill it in but need a paint code to blend it in. The cap is very white and there are a lot of shades of white. I am sure there is a code or touch up paint that’s dead on or a close match . Thanks !!

chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 11:05 AM   #2
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Chrysler white is very very close
Old 10-31-2020, 02:18 PM   #3
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
The subject of paint codes and paint matching has come up many times, and on more than just THIS forum. Keystone will not give you the color code match, no matter how much you beg, plead, or threaten. Dealer's won't help either. If you take the camper back to your dealership, they will ship it off to a paint and body shop and they will color match it. When I needed touch up paint for my Montana, my dealer wouldn't give the color code, Keystone would not give the color code, and my dealer said I could probably get a color match done and an automotive parts store. I took the trailer over to the recommended Automotive parts store and they just laughed at me. They don't do color matching. I ended up buy a completely different color and found a creative way to blend it in so it looked like it belonged. I then topped it off with gelcoat spray and it worked out OK. If you didn't know any different, you'd never know it wasn't factory paint.

But., good luck with that color code.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 03:20 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
T.....Keystone will not give you the color code match, no matter how much you beg, plead, or threaten. Dealer's won't help either.....
I have to disagree. There is a posting here from the Montana Customer Support head honcho (and now head of everything Montana) which states:
"Any Montana dealer can provide you the paint code if you want an exact match. Provide the dealer your vin number and they can pull the code from Keystone's Keyexpress website. "

I actually received the paint codes for our 2012 Big Sky directly from Montana Customer support. Montana 3700 - Big Sky Paint Codes (2012 & 2013).pdf

But my dealer also was able to access the same information using the Keyexpress system.

Not to belabor the point, but many members have received information about paint codes for their models. Here are a just a few of the Posts with paint codes.
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=76540
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=76302
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=80926
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=77804

But in reality, unless your unit is almost brand new, trying to use the Sherwin Williams paint codes may not be the best idea.You can get a supplier to mix some up for you. But you are taking a real chance that it won't match due to fading, age, or differences between the Goshen supplier and your local one.

You can get a camera and app that will identify what paint mixture you need to match. This is the same, albeit less expensive, tool that repair shops have and use to match your current paint.

As for not being able to get touch up paint in CA I call B.S. I have a large supply of touch up paint for my 2012 painted rig which I got from a local RV body shop.The difference is it is water based and not lacquer due to CA restrictions. My rig has been painted more times than I care to count and I defy you to distinguish the difference.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote