Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2020, 05:44 PM   #1
Jpage

M.O.C. #25990
3155RL TV/Cable input and booster question

1st I want to thank this group. I had a question a week ago and I got great help from people who did not “talk down” to me. Camping people are salt of the earth people for sure. I have 3 inputs for cable on my convenience center. “Living room, bedroom, and Coach”. I’m assuming they are for cable but why would they have different rooms? I’m guessing “Coach” feeds all 3 TV’s. (I have one outside too). But thought that seemed odd. Also my booster is in the bedroom. I’m guessing that feeds the antenna for the system when cable isn’t used. Not new to 5ers, but new to Montana. Love the quality already.

Jpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:06 PM   #2
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Not sure of your model but here is what I have and I think it is pretty much standard.
I have a 3731FL, L/R up front and B/R in the rear. Three TV's, L/R, B/R and outdoors (haven't used that one).
There are Three cable inputs in the convenience center, Sat1 Sat2 and cable.
It your are using the antenna and getting over the air stations you want the booster in your B/R turned on (led on ). If using cable connect to the cable connection in the cnv/ctr and turn the booster off.
I'm thinking your connections marked L/R and B/R are satellite inputs. I tried Dish service with a King Tailgater but never really had much success with it. Seems there are too many splitters for that set up. I had to run the cable in through the window and connect directly to get it to work at all. It's possible the way yours are marked you may have fewer splitters in your rig.
I have since connected Fire Sticks to both TV's and just stream all our content now. Works fine.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:05 PM   #3
traveldawg
Established Member

M.O.C. #20786
what JimB said.....

2 are satelitte inputs and should go directly to a sat connector in the living room and bed room without splits (and they should be labeled)

the "coach" input would feed the cable input to each TV

antenna switch should be on (green or red light) for over-the-air TV and off for cable

always scan for channels for both cable and over-the-air when relocating to a new site
traveldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:53 AM   #4
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
I tried to trace mine down. In mine all three inputs go into a large splitter with three outputs that I think go to each of the three tv locations. At those locations when I pull the wall plate there is one cable with a one to two splitter attached to the back of the wall plate.
I believe all those splitters were too much for the tailgater I was trying to use.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable tv input