Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2006, 02:07 PM   #21
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
awaywego,

Thanks!

We frequently prefer the straight through approach to big cities, do it in Cincinnati ALL the time!

Anyone know how it is is through Indianapolis??

The one time I distinctly remember going via Atlanta, from Michigan to the Disney area of Florida, I was driving, Al was sleeping, had 3 kids in the van, none of which could read a map to save their soul, I had routed myself around Atlanta on the bypass. WELLLLLLLLLLLLL, there was a real horrible accident, basically that bypass was a parking lot for 3 or 4 hours.

Here, is ole Carol, no help from a navigator, so, I just stuck to my route. Hit one of those areas where I was in the 2nd lane and needed in the 4th! Even as slow as we were going, about 10 mph, tops, no one wanted to let me move over, so after a few minutes of that silliness, I sorta just went over. I was NOT about to miss my connection in that 4th lane!

Oh, yea, I was towing a bunk house TT at the time.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 05:16 PM   #22
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
As a native Atlantan I'll add my two cents. As stated above, avoid the morning and afternoon rush hours. I avoid 285 as much as possible due to truck trafic. Commercial trucks are not allowed inside the perimeter unless thay have business inside the perimeter. Traffic may be heavy, but unless there is an accident you can usually cruise right on through. Enjoy your visit to our fair city.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:09 PM   #23
keepontruckin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2484
Send a message via MSN to keepontruckin
Avoid 285. Go thru downtown. I-75 is very bad due to construction down by Valdosta. Just arrived on Turkey Day in Orlando.
keepontruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:04 AM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I always went straight through Atlanta, both east-west and north-south, and never had a problem. But I figured I just got lucky.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:21 AM   #25
JBMANN52
Established Member

M.O.C. #6306
Send a message via AIM to JBMANN52
Concerning the Atlanta approach from West Georgia and headed south. There is a good way to dodge the traffic around the I-20 and I-285 interchange to head south. Exit I-20 east bound at exit #32 Fairburn Rd in Douglasville, Georgia and turn right. Follow that all the way to Camp Creek Parkway and turn right again (about 8 miles) Camp Creek Parkway will go directly to I-285 on the south side, turn right to go south onto I-285 or if you need to go to the Atlanta Airport continue straight and its a straight shot, follow the signs as you approach the airport. Continuing with I-285 its about 3 miles to I85 southbound and another 8 to 10 mile to I-75 southbound. As mentioned in above post, be careful on I-285 its the Atlanta Autobahn, speed limits are regularly disregarded.
Anyone planning travel into or thru Atlanta private message or e-mail me direct and I will help direct you thru our area. bmann@brasfieldgorrie.com or jbmann52@bellsouth.net
JBMANN52 is offline   Reply With Quote