Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2020, 09:35 AM   #21
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlosttravelers View Post
Hello
We have a 295rl and have had it out 3 times.
Nothing but problems. Most small problems but 2 days ago when we got to the campground. We started putting out the big awning and the right side corner were it attaches to the side of the outside wall it started coming out then i heard a popping noise and then i went out to look and it pulled the fist 3 screws out of the wall.
The screws were only 1/2 inch in wall and 2 others were stripped .
So i had to go and get bigger screws and silicone caulk at nearest hardware store .
Pics below.
Had the exact same thing happen to our brand new 2020 3121rl but I caught it just as it was creating a gap. All of the screws were stripped, most were installed at an angle and many weren't even in the rail holes. Like you I just fixed it myself.

Whoever installed these awnings needs to be given a McDonalds job application.

R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:47 PM   #22
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
I guess they don't build them like they used to. 3 of 4 of my hydraulic slides glide on wear bars, and the darco is in perfect shape after 10 years of use. They have probably been in and out 500+ times. You could not give me a unit with cable slides or swintec slides.

I am holding onto my older unit forever. Way to many reported issues with the newer ones.
I have seen too many reports of new and improved features with everything going wrong. Motorhomes are even worse.
I feel bad for the people who laid out so much money and morgaged a lemon. But the lemon laws for our trucks do not apply to most of the RV industry. Maybe congress can help. Call them and you senators to formulate a law in favor of the RV consumer.

I would not be a happy camper buying a new anything and having problems. Even Amazon and wally world will accept returns on defects. When will the large purchase which deal with high dollar items follow suit. Take it back, Fix it, or credit me. That is the reputable way of doing business. And do not make the customer wait for weeks.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:13 PM   #23
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhftx View Post
I have seen too many reports of new and improved features with everything going wrong. Motorhomes are even worse.
I feel bad for the people who laid out so much money and morgaged a lemon. But the lemon laws for our trucks do not apply to most of the RV industry. Maybe congress can help. Call them and you senators to formulate a law in favor of the RV consumer.

I would not be a happy camper buying a new anything and having problems. Even Amazon and wally world will accept returns on defects. When will the large purchase which deal with high dollar items follow suit. Take it back, Fix it, or credit me. That is the reputable way of doing business. And do not make the customer wait for weeks.

Weeks. ? There ain't nothing getting done at any dealer in weeks here usually talkin months. It's absolutely ridiculous. I can take my truck to the dealer for any issue and it is addressed quickly efficiently under its warranty. There is no reason the RV industry should not be the same
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:22 AM   #24
Rodpumpman

M.O.C. #27132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbar View Post
Hello,
We took delivery of our first Montana in July. We've had travel trailers and campers for the last 25 years or so and this is our first fifth wheel. We purchased a High Country 294rl. So far we really like it but it is in the shop getting factory screw ups fixed at the moment. We've bought new trailers before and have not had as many problems as we do on this one. Hopefully we will get them all taken care of and will live happily ever after. My wife and are recently retired and looking forward to spending 4 to 5 months a year traveling around and getting out of the cold weather for a spell. Looking forward to all the information this forum has to offer.
What is the difference between the Montana and the Montana High Country. We have never owned an RV and are looking at all of our options right now with all manufacturers.
Rodpumpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:48 AM   #25
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
The high country version of the Montana is purposely built at a cheaper price point using cheaper materials to attract buyers but like the lower-cost. They're also built lighter to attract buyers with lighter duty tow vehicles
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote