Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Polls
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2019, 04:50 PM   #22
daveinaz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman54 View Post
My Dually is not my Primary Vehicle.
I Rotate mine myself, I want it down correctly, using a Torque Wrench, easier to remove should have to remove on the road.
Comes to a little over 5G Miles, I air up tires in the Spring, Deflate them in the Fall.
Do most of the Maintenance myself, If I go for Service, I stay with my Truck.

Barman54
Out
Ditto on doing it yourself if you can. I stopped having "those places" do the oil change and tire rotation on our regular cars after I got sick and tired of them over-torquing everything. Last time they did it (about 2 years ago) I went to change the oil and I had to get my 18" breaker bar, hold it in one hand, and hold onto the frame with the other (because without holding onto the frame I just pushed myself away from it), and finally get the drain bolt loose. It was ridiculous! I'm surprised they didn't strip the threads.

Then when it came time to rotate the tires, I don't know how many ft-lbs they had on the nuts, but my impact wrench barely got them off! I can't imagine if I had been on the side of the road trying get them off with the measly wrench that comes with the tire change kit on the car. Now I can set the impact to it's lowest setting, then come behind it with my torque wrench, give it a quarter of a turn, and they are set at the proper torque.

Dave in AZ
2008 Montana 3400RL
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote