Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2020, 06:34 AM   #1
Detroit Don
Established Member

M.O.C. #27312
Maiden voyage

Not just our maiden voyage with this rig but literally our maiden RV voyage period. We lost our home in a wildfire September 9th. Couldn’t decide if we want to rebuild or not so we bought ourselves some time to think about it. We purchased a 2020 3740FK and a 2019 Chevy 3500HD Crew cab Duramax DRW. I’ve spent weeks reading about it, watching YouTube videos, and purchasing every last gadget and widget recommended by the folks who’ve shared their experiences. Now I’ve always said you could watch a 100 videos on how to build a birdhouse but until you build one you got no ability to build a good birdhouse. Time for us to go do it. I reserved six days at a local state park. On Monday we pick up our new home and drive it 45 minutes to the park. There’s plenty of services within a 10 minute drive. Couldn’t pick an easier place for a shakedown of our new setup.
If you had one solid tip to give a greenhorn with a brand new rig, four kids, a wife, and a rottie - I’d love to hear it.
Detroit Don is offline   Reply With Quote