Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE > Trailers, Tow Vehicles & RV related items for Sale
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2006, 04:50 AM   #1
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
SELLING ? Don't get discouraged

I have advertised to sell my 2001 Mobile Scout TT for 5 months with no success. (below NADA price, which I feel has unreal prices)

I finally placed an add in our local Newspaper, which is a big city circulation newspaper. For general knowledge, I have had 6 + calls in 3 days so far, with a few currently interested potential purchasers.

For comparison I received approximately 4 calls in the 5 months that I have advertised on a few RV websites, some I had to pay for, and even tried selling the trailer on Ebay. I did start the price a little higher 5 months ago, but no one was "biting" even then.

I pass this on just for knowledge. These RV websites are great for trading knowledge, and I really enjoy the camaraderie, but I have not had many buyers looking here.

G McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:22 AM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Hello.....

Don't know if you tried it yet, but we've had good luck selling/buying things on "craigslist". It's a free site to post on and it's widely read.

www.craigslist.com
On the right side of the page, click on your state.

On the next screen, click on the city nearest you.

On the next screen, (which will look like the first screen), make sure it says at the top of the page the city name you clicked on.

Find the category you want (rvs) and click on that.

You can read ads by clicking on their subject line.

Or to post a free ad, once you are in the category you want to post in, at the top right of the page will be the words "post". Click on "post" and follow the directions.

You are also allowed to post up to 4 pictures for free in your ad.

Good luck to you in selling your rv.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:27 AM   #3
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
Price is right.

I will keep it in mind for sure.

Thanks
Old 07-22-2006, 06:19 AM   #4
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
For an update our trailer has two buyers (one is a back up) lined up for title transfer and sale this coming Monday.

Possible sales look good so far and a few more folks are coming to look even though I told them of the circumstances.....(go figure)
Old 07-24-2006, 06:52 AM   #5
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
TRAILER WAS SOLD OVER THE WEEKEND
Old 07-27-2006, 04:09 PM   #6
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Congratulations on the sale. I had noticed your signature on here for quite awhile because we have a 2000 Montana Mountaineer TT 32FKS which is about the same floor plan as both of yours. I just assumed that with both of them in your sig that you intended to keep them both - maybe one on a deer lease.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:02 AM   #7
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by VanMan

Congratulations on the sale. I had noticed your signature on here for quite awhile because we have a 2000 Montana Mountaineer TT 32FKS which is about the same floor plan as both of yours. I just assumed that with both of them in your sig that you intended to keep them both - maybe one on a deer lease.
VanMan,

I did have the Mobile Scout parked at my deer lease. Actually, we never pulled it anywhere else, though I would have liked to. We had the trailer fenced in so well that it was time consuming when it came time to pull the Mobile Scout out and move the new Mountaineer in. Yep our new Mounaineer is parked at the deer lease now.
We just like going to the lease year round so much that we don't seem to go anywhere else in the trailer. We keep thinking that one day we will loose the lease and then we will have time to "hit the road" with the trailer.