Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2021, 06:32 PM   #1
Katherine1962
Established Member

M.O.C. #27099
Leaking gray tank and valve leak thru

I have a new 2021 Montana 3120RL Legacy. On our maiden journey I have found that my gray tank or perhaps the main line has a drip unit inside the undercarriage cover. I have also discovered that the gray water tank valve leaks through. I put on an additional isolation valve at the sewer hose connection. When I purchased the RV. The drain line is full up to that valve even with tank valves shut. Given it is new would I be correct in assuming this would be warrenty work for the repair? Yes I will be calling the dealer regardless I just figure with it being only a couple months old it should be covered. Any insights would be appreciated.

Katherine1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:16 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Just to make sure what you are seeing...
1. You have added a valve where your sewer hose connects to the unit
2. Your OEM tank valve is not shutting off the flow from your tank because you are seeing liquid backed up behind the new valve at the sewer hose connection.
3. You think there may be a leak somewhere in the plumbing above the coroplast bottom...you describe this leak as “inside the undercarriage cover”. I take you see liquid leaking out somewhere from the black coroplast.

If I am describing your issues correctly then item 2 and 3 should be covered under warranty. The valve you added at your hose connection is working properly. That valve prevents lots of “surprises” we have all experienced from removing the cap to attach the hose at the campground.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:36 AM   #3
Vet4jdc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23051
Take it back to the dealer. You should not have that much grey water leaking thru the initial valve. Also, if you have grey water leaking out of the black coroplast, DO NOT let the dealer cut it to be fixed. Insist they remove the coroplast fasteners and fix the leak properly at which time they reinstall the coroplast. Best of luck!
Old 04-11-2021, 06:01 AM   #4
psomers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12724
Do all your dump valves have a resistance to them when you pull and push them? Maybe one is open and the cable is not connected. If one is not connected it will pull and push very easy.

Paul Northport,AL W4XH
2013 358 RLT Mountaineer
2008 Silverado Duramax
psomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 02:04 PM   #5
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
I would LIKE a dealer to drop the underbelly cover to fix it. However, when my unit was only 2 months old, the slides were working open while traveling. At the Rally, I got into Lippert and they fixed it. I never inspected the work, but last week I noticed there were MANY places they had cut a hole and taped it back on. I would guess at least 4-6 spots. One corner of a patch had the tape coming loose - for about 2 inches. The fix was done in 2014, so the tape actually WILL hold up pretty well. And since that time we have put on 50-60,000 miles on the trailer.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote