Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2005, 11:30 AM   #1
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Our Website

We have now updated our website with new pictures of our house. Steve has also put the completed 2005 Postcards on the site.

Hope you enjoy them!

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:04 PM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Vicki, I love the way you have your home fixed up, The postcards are great to read I will have to do a few at the time.LOL
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:39 PM   #3
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Vicki-
Have spent the last two days reading all of your postcards....think that you and Steve are having a blast. Have bookmarked your website so that I can keep up with you. Want to give you a link to an excellent site for Texas history so next time you are here it will help you in your travels....By the way, as you know, a person has to be going to Terlingua to get there, it is a long way out there. Sounds like you were impressed with the remoteness. Tell Steve I will let him know the location of the water pump when we get the trailer. The one we looked at was in the same location as yours, it was a late '04.

http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/index.html

Thanks for the welcome the other day.
Charlie
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #4
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Vicki. I have always enjoyed your website. Who does the writing. I noticed that you have a couple of lamps in your trailer. Where do you put them when traveling. If you are set up for months at a time that is really nice.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:41 PM   #5
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Charlie, Thanks for the kind words ... we are certainly having an adventure! Funny you should mention "the next time we're in Texas" ... we decided today that we're going to go to Mission next January. Steve will be along sometime and comment on the water pump thing.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:48 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Charlie, thanks for the link. Lots of good information there. I tried to find a way to download the entire handbook but haven't found out how to do that. I thought I'd email and ask about that but the contact page just lists mail and phone info, no email. So I'll keep looking. Thanks for the link.

Ron, The writing/prose no way comes from me. I have zero artistic and creative talent. All I do is disect the email postcards Vicki sends out and reformat them into html for the website. Vicki is the creative one in this family and does all the writing.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:49 PM   #7
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Ron ... the website started out as electronic postcards I sent to my friends and family. I take almost all of the pictures and do all of the writing ... Steve created the website and puts the postcards on it. We've determined that, between the two of us, we have one good brain ... Steve being the left side and I'm the right. (That's funny ... I keep telling Steve I'm right!)

The lamps are an idea we got from another MOC couple, Dan and Cynthia. We really like them ... the lighting in the Montana is so harsh. When traveling, the lamps ride on the couch with no problem. As far as the lamp in the bedroom, I just lay it down on the dresser and it rides just fine.

Linda ... thank you for your kind comments too. They are very much appreciated.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:25 PM   #8
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
As always--your postcards and commentary are a real treat. We love your website--fun to see the places we have been through your eyes and GREAT to see the places we would like to go. Many thanks from two of your fans! Looking forward to the next installments.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:40 AM   #9
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Steve and Vicki, long before I 'joined' the Montana Owners Forum, and while just a visitor I followed your original postings of your postcards and enjoyed following your journey. Thanks for sharing.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:53 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Gee, I'm really flattered. I had no idea this many people were looking at them. I originally posted them on a website for some family and friends who for various reasons cannot handle the cards by email. Thank you all for the nice words. I think Vicki does a beautiful job with them. She really enjoys doing this. I find that occasionally I like to go back and "relive" a few days or so of the cards. It really refreshes my memory about things I forgot and brings a lot of smiles to my face. Thanks again for the very nice words. We truly are enjoying our fulltiming even more than I originally thought we would. There are so many beautiful and interesting places in this country that I didn't even know existed before we arrived in the area.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:52 PM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Vicki and Steve,
I love your website and hope to do something similar when we start real fulltiming. All of our children are very computer savy. Please put your pictures on the introduction page. I always like to "see" who I am talking to.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:17 PM   #12
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
You know Sue, we tried to put our picture on the home page and it kept shutting down the computer so we gave up ... there are pictures of us here and there throughout the postcards.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:18 PM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Parrothead, I like to do the same. If you want to go to this link:
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...3476&members=1
you'll find pictures of most of those who were at the September rally, including us.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:36 PM   #14
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Thanks Steve and Vicki,
This was the site I was trying to find. I had looked at these pictures but it was when we were kind of new to MOC and I didn't "know" people yet. A great job of photoing everyone and don't those Montana's look spectacular!
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 05:39 AM   #15
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Steve and Vicki - you have a great web site. I was able to read only a part of it this morning and will look forward to keeping up with your adventures.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 09:58 AM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Virgil and Karen. I enjoy going back and reliving our adventures when time permits, which is not often.

Sue and Ed, I also have all those pictures in a zip file I can email to you or anyone who wants them (email me so I have an address to reply to with the zip file - the envelope above this post will email me). The file is almost 3mb so not a small file to receive in an email if you're on a slow connection. We're on free wi-fi at this park so no problem on this end, at the moment. If anyone emails me, please put "MOC" or something to catch my attention in the subject line. I tend to delete without opening anything I think is probably spam.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:10 PM   #17
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
ABSOLUTELy the best!! It makes us feel like we're traveling with you. Take care and keep on traveling.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 05:04 AM   #18
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
OK, OK, since there seems to be a couple of you wanting us to post our picture, we decided to do just that. So, here's a picture of us at Yosemite National Park in 2004.

Sorry, saw this old picture from last year and just couldn't resist. That's us in blue at the base of the tree.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:26 PM   #19
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Let me get my magnifying glass!

Great photo by the way!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 02:34 PM   #20
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Wow Steve and Vicki, amazing. I even managed to get Dick up for a minute from watching the Super bowl. He smiled and said incredible. Great picture...now who took it?

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote