Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2004, 02:48 AM   #1
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Casting for ABC Television Pilot

For those of you who belong to KOA and receive emails, did anyone get the following email?

Greetings Campers.

My name is Daniel Markell and I am the Casting Director for a new Reality TV show for ABC Television. I have been working with KOA, searching for a fun loving, larger than life family with children (ages 6-19) that is passionate about RV'ing and has a favorite vacation spot. If you feel that you fit that description, and think you have what it takes to make it on TV, please do not hesitate

To contact me.

I look forward to hearing back from all of you.

Best Regards,

Daniel Markell
Casting Director

Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 04:01 AM   #2
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
no I didn't, but it really makes you wonder....who are you really giving your personal info to?
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 04:44 AM   #3
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
I think I would check with K O A and find out if this is true or not, how did they get you e-mail address or was it given to them by K O A. I don't think I would give out any personal info until you find out if this is for real of a scam.
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 05:28 AM   #4
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
My thoughts exactly! I was just wondering if anyone else had been approached.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glass Guy

I think I would check with K O A and find out if this is true or not, how did they get you e-mail address or was it given to them by K O A. I don't think I would give out any personal info until you find out if this is for real of a scam.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:57 AM   #5
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
I am a KOA member and have not received the e-mail. It looks fishy. Telephone? Company name? Address? Name of the Show?

I would hesitate to answer this one.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:33 AM   #6
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
He did give me a phone number, the name of the company and that it was on ABC. I sent the email to KOA so they know someone is trying to mess with their reputation. I didn't answer it and just wanted to see if they contacted any other KOA members. This is weird, I'm wondering how they knew I was a member of KOA or if it was just a guess.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lightningjack11

I am a KOA member and have not received the e-mail. It looks fishy. Telephone? Company name? Address? Name of the Show?

I would hesitate to answer this one.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:04 AM   #7
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I like to research. So, after reading your post, I went to the KOA homepage and checked around... also looked in their "Press Room" and "Information" areas. Didn't find anything.

I then went to "ABC Television's" main page. Checked around, looked at their current casting calls and didn't find anything.

Finally, I checked some sites on the net that list current and upcoming reality shows and casting calls for them. Didn't find anything there either.

So..... someone is having fun with you or the show is soooooooo new that even ABC Television doesn't know about it yet.

I hope this helps?

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 11:29 AM   #8
captbanjo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1269
As a cop, just wanted to advise you to be careful. It is possible that such a 'director' may seek to find out when you are gone from your house for extended periods of time.

-----

My name is Daniel Markell and I am the Casting Director for a new Reality TV show for ABC Television. I have been working with KOA, searching for a fun loving, larger than life family with children (ages 6-19) that is passionate about RV'ing and has a favorite vacation spot. If you feel that you fit that description, and think you have what it takes to make it on TV, please do not hesitate

To contact me.

I look forward to hearing back from all of you.

Best Regards,

Daniel Markell
Casting Director [/blue][/font=Comic Sans MS]

[/quote]
captbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:48 PM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
We are also KOA members and NO we did not receive any such email.

Check it out thoroughly before giving out any info.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 02:31 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We didn't get that email either but it's possible when catching up after several days without email I may have just deleted without reading.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 03:40 AM   #11
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Thank you everyone! I was suspicious when I got it in the first place and immediately sent it to KOA but haven't rec'd any reply as of yet. I figured it wasn't on the up and up and it's not something I would be interested in anyway but still.... some unsuspecting person could jump at the chance. Thanks again.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:25 PM   #12
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
SOunds ultra suspicious - there are many scams out there, some with hidden agendas

Fastest way I have found to check anything on tne net is to "Google" them - no response for the name quoted on your email. To "Google" does work - even little old me comes up with a few entries!

BTW we are also KOA members and have recieved no such email
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:44 PM   #13
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Good Sam is now showing a letter for the ABC Casting. Just appeared on their home page.

www.goodsamclub.com
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 05:34 PM   #14
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Looks like it may be legitimate after all. I'm afraid our vacations aren't wild enough for them.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 06:54 PM   #15
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
I haven't been e-mailed yet. Thanks for the posting. happyrving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 05:12 AM   #16
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
I'm not a member so I can't see but I would LOVE to be able to see what it's saying.

Quote:

Good Sam is now showing a letter for the ABC Casting. Just appeared on their home page.

www.goodsamclub.com
Old 09-22-2004, 05:43 AM   #17
DrivesBGM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Melissa and Mike S

I'm not a member so I can't see but I would LOVE to be able to see what it's saying.

Quote:

www.goodsamclub.com
Pretty much what you have already posted.

What follows is a cut and past of the text on Good Sam's:

Friday September 17, 2004

ABC Television is producing a new reality show about family vacations. I am the show’s casting director and I am looking for a fun loving, larger than life family that takes adventurous outdoor vacations together (i.e .RV'ing, skiing, camping, hiking, cycling, surfing, etc.)

We are searching for families that are wildly enthusiastic about their special holiday. Our family should have children between the ages of 6 and 19 and allow us to follow them around for two weeks with a camera crew filming their adventures while on vacation.

If you feel that you fit this description and you have what it takes to make it on TV please do not hesitate to call. We are working on a very tight timetable to cast a fun-loving family and would love to speak with you.

Sincerely,
Daniel Markell
DrivesBGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 05:44 AM   #18
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
COOL! Thanks!!!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 05:45 AM   #19
DrivesBGM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3
P.S. I wonder if they knew that I had a dozen grandchildren in the 6-19 age group if they'd be interested?

Craig
DrivesBGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:30 PM   #20
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
This message has posted on at least one other RV related board and they checked it out and apparently this is on the level. Anyone interested can check on the Escapees forum.

RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote