Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Mission Bubble tires complete....

I just finished the install of 5 new Beijing tires, spare and all four feet, I did all the on-and-off, but it cost me $100.00 for the mounting and un-mounting, $100.00 for the spare I had to buy over in Boerne, I have that 'skin' in the back of the truck.
I had severe Bulges on the remaining tires, took pictures for you.
MY 'free' replacements cost me a bundle, 2 weeks of campground fees and all associated costs.
Thanks for NOTHING, Keystone, I hope your choice of cheap,
proven-defective Missions bites you where you can't look.
There, got that off my chest...
I did use the time here in Buda, pronounced Buuda, I have been told countless times from neighbors, parts men, and new friends.
I like it here as much as over in Boerne.
We were fortunate to meet IMP, from MOC for lunch at Chili's, Myrna and Robert Logan,
I wanted to follow them home and move in with them, super nice people I hope to see many more times. That Saturday night we 'rang the bell' again, when we were invited to Driftwood Gal's home, we arrived late in the afternoon at Colleen and Bob's beautiful rustic home, Colleen's mother and father built. Peacocks met us, they were all over the place, pretty as they are said to be. Steaks and good company into the night with our good friends. Colleen has been working out at Curves and looks sharp and trim, ladies, I would go for that.
Here are some pictures of the new tires, I hope they work out.
Any one who has them, be careful, and if you can, call Tireco and get them off!
Heading North tomorrow, have to get the K.C. home fixed up, sold and get back here to Texas. We will still go to Padre in the Winter, but live here....somewhere in the Summer.
http://tiny.cc/Bubbletires
Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:10 AM   #2
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
Ozz, I luckily caught one tire looking like yours while parked in the driveway. I followed Grant and Lonnie, I put Bridgestones on mine, never contacted Tireco. I don't want to have to drive waiting for the familar "POP" that I've heard a few times with Marathons on my other sob that we owned. Now all I have to really watch closely is the tire wear and spring hangers.(I hope) Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:15 AM   #3
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Ozz, isn't that like replacing chinese crap with different chinese crap?
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
It was a pleasure meeting you two, jim and sue. You can come home with us anytime (just make sure we are here). Glad you have the tires changed and safe travels home... We will look forward to the next encounter.
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:52 AM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Ozz,

I hate to say, but the new tires look exactly the same as the old ones, only with a different name. Hope they work better for you.

I surrender on the warranty thing. Do you ever get the feeling you spent money on fuel and time to inheret the same problem back from Kestone? I know I do when I think about Keystone replacing my counter tops, DVD player, even tires, etc. The only fixes I'm proud of are those that I just went out and did my own thing, bypassing warranty, such as the Apollo oven, and I think it turned out to be cheaper in the long run.

As far as the bubbles, those are the same bubbles I had on our 2003 tires when I pulled into Utah a few years back but they were a different brand LT tire Keystone was using back then. I ended up with Greenball G-rated Higway Troopers and always felt ripped. Now I'm just not sure it wasn't a good thing. Wish I knew how those worked out (traded unit).

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #6
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
ozz, I think they just changed the name from Mission to Freestar. I have some of the Freestar's on my Gooseneck equipment trailer they are 85's instead of 80's however the Gooseneck has a stronger under carriage vs a 5th wheel. Good Luck... GBY.....

P.S. So when you move to Texas you will be a real Texan instead of just being a Winter Texan...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks for the replies, on the tires, when we first enter into most situations, we have no idea where it will go, what convoluted trek it will take, if you haven't done the deal, it's new. Sometimes it just sounds logical. The tire ordeal led to us staying in Boerne longer, we got to see lots of country around there, got acquainted with the area, even sold $200.00 worth of wind toys.
When we came to Buda, we had to stay for a while, we met Myrna and Robert, that was outstanding, we got to see our friends Colleen and Bob again, both of these visits were hard to put a price on, memories we will not soon want to forget. Again, got to see much property around here, got to write about the Salt Lick, remember, the Brisket was about the best we have had, oh, as to the Salt Lick, it's called that because the owners had deer all over the place licking the stone chunks on the property, minerals oozing out of them, I hear.. Oh, yes, I found that Colleen was the very first waitress there. They only had the cash register and a couple of tables. Cool Beans. (Oh, I will post this and then add the pictures I took there.)
Saw Bobby Flay's picture on the wall....
Probably have a job here at Crestview RV Dealership anytime I want it. Lot's of great things can come from a bummer experience.
As to the tires, they may not be bad tires, they may be great tires, I just don't know.
At the onset of this, I did not want to buy tires, if I buy new ones, the wheels will go by-by. I will get high pressure wheels for the new tires, just my preference.
Who the hell knows the right thing to do? Not me. Not enough tree rings to know everything...........
Old 04-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I posted the pictures of the Salt Lick over on; On the road again.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #9
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Ozz, glad you were able to visit our part of Texas. The food at the Salt Lick is so very good.
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks, guys. You don't have an acre or two for the Ozzman and Sue, do you...?
Old 04-15-2008, 03:58 PM   #11
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Ozz I just got 5 new milestars today. They may or may not be any good but my tire guy sells them local. He will mount and bal for 62.50. Did some cking and there are quite a few sets on our company trucks so I will give them a try. I also hate that the missions gave me trouble but they were made in april 05 so I got 3 yrs out of them. glass half full huh. My missions had big bubbles inside the tire I have never seen that. looked like the inside stretched but not the outside. btw these were made aug 07 almost a year gone LOL!!. bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote