Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2008, 08:16 AM   #1
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Raining mud

I've seen a few dust storms come into East Texas from West Texas, but I ain't never seen it rain mud. That is until last evening. When the cold front came in here from the northwest, we had muddy rain. Everything is coated with reddish mud. They say it was dust clouds from NM and West TX and the rain picked up the dust when coming through the clouds. Oh, is every thing nasty.

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:24 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Yes we had that once on Cyprus (island in the Mediterranean near Turkey) Dust from the east came down as tanish mud. Went through a tank of washer fluid in 10 minutes.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I was scratching my head this morning as I washed my truck, mud all over the truck, and we are a block or two from the Gulf. My Monte is looking pretty dirty now too. We will give it a bath before we move over to another street for our last month.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I lived in Liberal, KS (on the OK Panhandle) for 3 yrs and a front coming in frequently kicked up a lot of dust, then it rained through these dust clouds and coated everything with mud. When driving, it was frustrating as you can't keep the windshield clean.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote