Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2006, 04:28 PM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I say again..The hole that the bundle of wires that fried came through WAS insulated. The charge wire rubbed against the frame 8 to 10 feet to that rear of that hole.That the charge wire was that close to the frame without any protective covering IS poor workmanship and lack of quality control. On our camper the wire may have been 2 inches from the frame, on another 6 inches from the frame, another nowhere near the frame. Are there any standards? Our wire bounced over to the frame and shorted out in @ 5K miles, another may short in 20K miles, another maybe never..yours maybe next time out. That you can read of these issues on any forum about any RV brand IS a indication of industry wide poor workmanship and lack of Quality control. Was it a isolated incident..we don't know that, we are but a tiny fraction of Montana owners and a insignificant fraction of RV owners.The probabilities that problems that affect us are shared by many, including our issue are high.You may chose to write it off as a isolated incident, we do not..That Keystone , Steps up to the plate, or takes care of all problems has absolutely nothing to do with issues of poor workmanship or lack of quality control..that is addressing the symptom and ignoring the problem.I get a little cranky when a manufacturer of a product, any manufacturer of any product nearly kills us..sorry about that..Just my Opinion.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #22
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
I agree Rich, and think you have every right to feel that way. I just hope that some of the powers that be take note of these so called isolated instances and do something to assure they are less likely to happen again.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote