Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2006, 06:21 AM   #21
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
VanMan, we'll be at Canyon Lake, Potter's Creek near Austin for a week starting 3/10/06. Imp and Trebor (Myrna and Bob) will join us on Wednesday. If you're in the area, stop by. You can't miss two big Montanas in a circle.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:23 AM   #22
GordonR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1801
Send a message via AIM to GordonR
We're scratching the spring break trip this year. We just bought a vacation/retirement place back home in the U.P. of Michigan. Carol has a honey-do list the will take me a couple years. We'll probably be dong mostly weekending this year - starting soon! Gordon
GordonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:33 AM   #23
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Phyllis and I will be heading to Ely, Nevada towards the end of May.
Going to spend about 5-6 days there and then to Reno to see our son and his family for 5-6 days. We'll be at the KOA in Ely and probably at Bordertown in Reno. I have to give Reno it's anuual transfusion of my money, dontcha know? Then, back to Allyn, so that Phyllis can get all her stuff ready for the school close down and spend the summer months (well, part of them anyway), working on getting her files ready for the new year of school. We'll be taking a trip over to Glacier and the Poulson, Flathead lake, Montana area later in the summer.
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:58 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We won't be getting our 3400 till maybe the first week of May or so and hope to be able to take our first shakedown trip over the memorial day weekend.We have the FCRV campvention planned in July. The MOC GL rally in Aug and the MOC National Rally in Sept. We will make as many of our Local Camping group campouts as Helen's schedule will allow and of course our annual lake Erie wine gathering trip (we are getting low) We are trying to get in as many camping trips as we can in the New 3400 to wring everything out before Helen's retirement and our "aim south/ southwest' program winter 0f 07.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:00 AM   #25
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by GordonR

We're scratching the spring break trip this year. We just bought a vacation/retirement place back home in the U.P. of Michigan. Carol has a honey-do list the will take me a couple years. We'll probably be dong mostly weekending this year - starting soon! Gordon
Where in the UP, Gordon?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:20 AM   #26
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
So far we have planned:
Memorial weekend-Luddington, MI
first 2 weeks July-Big fork Montanta to visit high school friend & wife
August 2nd annual family campout- Decatur, MI
Last week of August- Black Lake-UAW education center for husbands work
Labor Day weekend-Twin Mills, Howe IN
Wish we could make the National rally it's only 30 mins. from the house, but it's my parents 50th wedding annniversary and we'll be in Mackinaw City with the family. We'll be camping then too.
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:06 AM   #27
Chad Brooks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3899
Send a message via AIM to Chad Brooks
We have already started.
January Orlando FL
February Panamacity Beach FL
March 17th Saint Augustine Beach FL
March 31st?? Montana Owners Rally in GA
April 16th Panama City Beach FL
June Big trip out west (Mt Rushmore and Yellowstone National Park)

That is all we have planned so far, but I am sure there will be more. We are a long ways from being retired. Most of our trips are 3-4 day trips except for the one out west. I plan on taking about 2-3 weeks off to make that one.
Chad Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:56 AM   #28
Bill and Bobbi
Established Member

M.O.C. #5292
We are waiting for delivery of our 3400 (overdue/due anytime now!). We are planning Easter in St. Augustine with relatives joining us from Michigan. Summer plans are for the cooler climes of western North Carolina. We like the small family run park called Peace Valley Campground.This will be our 4th year there.
http://www.peacevalleycampground.com/
And it's a passport america park too.
Bill and Bobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:17 PM   #29
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gkbutler

We plan to head back to Northern Illinois around the first of May. We have a seasonal place between LaSalle-Peru and Rockford. Maybe a couple of weekend trips up to Central WI where a friend of ours owns a little bar in the big city of Dellwood.
Gary and Karen, WOW we are very close we are about 25 minutes away from the LaSalle-Peru area. We have 2 daughter's who live in the LaSalle and Granville.
We are just planning a June trip to southern Illinois and then Indiania...maybe having time for Wisconsin. The rest of the season we will spent around the area usually no more than 4 hours away.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:42 PM   #30
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Going to spending most of our weekends at our seasonal lot at Twin Mills near Howe, IN this year. Have a long weekend planned for the 4th of July. Then really looking forward to the following weekend when The Legend (Steve and Vicki Reagel)will be there.

Also, Gail and I are really looking forward to going to the Great Lakes Rally in Springfield, OH in August. We still need to get signed up for that.

Then in September, everyone of you folks can count on me showing at the Fall Rally at the Elkhart County Fair Grounds to bust up the party! I'll probably be there a couple times. After all, I'll be working during the day just around the corner. It will be fantastic to see all of you folks this summer!!
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:24 AM   #31
GordonR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1801
Send a message via AIM to GordonR
Dave - We're on the shipping channel on Sugar Island, just east of the Soo. I'll drop you an email with more info - I don't want to get too far off topic on the thread. Gordon
GordonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:55 PM   #32
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by VanMan

We're off for the Texas Hill Country for Spring Break next week (Jena teaches). We'll start in Austin (Texas History Museum, San Marcus Outlet Stores, and an eagle viewing river tour at Lake Buchanan. Then we'll move over to Fredricksburg for some of their Spring Break festivities and Trade Days.
We do a LOT of State Parks in Texas and Arkansas (every other w/e is a 3 day w/e for me). We were at Mineral Wells State Park last weekend.
Our big trip this year may be a cruise so the TT will have to stay home.
Eagles
Museum
Fredricksburg
[url="http://www.pedernalesrivervalley.com/fredericksburgtradedays.htm"]Trade Days[/url

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VanMan, There is a place between Burnet and Llano where 2 or 3 eagles have made a nest near the river. I think you can see the head of 1 or 2 eaglets in the nest. Going west on highway 29 to Llano is the location. Parking is available for those who wish to view or take pictures. Can't miss it, signs are posted.
Lake Buchanan is a favorite and the hill country is great. Enjoy!

Weldon
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:31 AM   #33
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Just returned from 2 weeks in northern Arizona. Short trip to western Idaho the end of April, and MOC rally in Mt. Shasta the end of May.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote