Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2005, 01:24 PM   #1
Montana_2757
Established Member

M.O.C. #2757
1999 28 foot Montana

Well, here goes. We have been members of the MOC since 12/28/04 and I have finally got enough courage to tell our Montana story. First of all, I do have to say how much we have enjoyed this forum and We are sure you will all get a laugh out of this. We retired in 1968 and sold our fruit farm in Michigan and bought our 1999 Montana. It was new and we were definitely new to RV ing. We had never gone a vacation, let alone camping. Too busy working on the farm. We bought the Montana in 9/98 and in 2/99 we left Michigan for Townsend, TN. Had to idea about anything. Stayed at motel in Ohio on our way down and Montana sat outside in the snow. We stayed in Townsend, TN for six weeks, were the only people in the campground and thought this was real nice. No problem finding a spot. They would come amd tell us that they had to turn off water as it was going to get below freezing. We stopped at Keystone (The Montana Section) on our way down, as we didn't get a manual or anything when we purchased our 5th wheel) and actually helped the people put our packet of info together. I really think our 5er is the first one they made. They were very nice at the factory, but we were so dumb about 5th wheels, that I'm sure they were quite upset with us. We love our 1999 montana, but afther seeing all the big, beautiful ones some of you have, I am getting the itch to trade ours in. I could go on for hours on our experiences, but would like to hear from anyone who may have any suggestions on trading it in.

Montana_2757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 02:08 PM   #2
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Lloyd & Janet, What a wonderful post! It is always good to get to know other MOC members from their posts. I am sure you have seen some big changes in the Montana since you purchased one of the first ones in 1998. WE anxiously look at the changes in the new models each year and wonder just how long we can wait before trading for one of those "new" ones, and our unit is less than 2 years old. Of course the advantage to holding onto a unit for a few years is we get to know all those little things about our Monty which makes traveling go smoother. Not sure what floor plan your 98 is, but we rally like our 3295RK. It is all a matter of personal needs. That is why they make so many different floorplans with different choice of interior, options, etc. Do share some of your early and current adventures with us!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Lloyd and Janet! Thanks for bringing me a smile. I think Dave and Kelly Anderson (userid Dave Anderson) have a Montana the same year as yours, if I'm not mistaken. Just shows how well built these Montanas are. Glad you finally found us.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:33 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I find you post very encouraging. It sounds like us newbies and upstarts may be able to survive after all. In six years you must have had both exciting and terrifying experiences. You sound like a pioneer having to face the world of RVing without this forum. I will be looking forward to your posts and insights from which we all can learn. Oh, and by-the-way, welcome and thanks for sharing.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:57 PM   #5
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Welcome to the MOC! I love your intro ... you really need to share your exploits. "Sitting by the Campfire" would be a wonderful place for you to post your stories ... you could call it "Dipples' Diary!"
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:19 PM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Lloyd and Janet - Welcome
What a great story. I think that is about the time we first saw a Montana and we coveted for many years until we finally got ours last September. Keep posting, I'm sure you have lots of stories.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 05:44 AM   #7
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Will look forward to more on your adventures. This forum is a good place to share and learn. We're just learning - got our Montana in September last year and only used it once for about a week before we had to winterize. Looking forward to this traveling season, which begins in 3 weeks!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 06:42 AM   #8
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Lloyd & Janet,

Welcome to MOC and thanks for the post. We too have an early Montana and took delivery of ours in March 1999. It's never been back to the dealer as we've had no major problems with it to date. Considering the way it's held up, the cost of the newer units and the fact that I don't care to drag a bigger rig into some of the places we enjoy, I'll probably make some upgrades on this one and keep it awhile longer.
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 07:50 AM   #9
Montana_2757
Established Member

M.O.C. #2757
Thank you everyone who has visited our last post and responded. We have found awhole new hobby now. I will be posting more stories soon.
We feel like we know everyone already and haven't even met anyone yet.
Will try to get to some of the MOC rally's this spring, summer or fall.
Montana_2757 is offline   Reply With Quote