Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2020, 08:09 PM   #1
Skypirate
Established Member

M.O.C. #24661
Slide motor problem

Okay, here it is! The motor makes a very loud clicking noise when we try to open our slide. Upon close examination we see that the shaft between motor and gearbox has rounded off and is slipping through the gear box connection. This is causing the loud clicking noise and slippage that will not allow our slide to come out. Does anybody have suggestions as to whether we should replace the whole assembly, just the shaft, the gearbox and the shaft? The part number on the gearbox says plainly r25076 but I cannot find anything online that has these numbers on them. Typically Terry and I would just replace the whole assembly, but is that necessary? We also want to make sure we order the correct part the first time! Any suggestions would be helpful!

Skypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 02:38 AM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Year and model or your rig?
Lippert Hydraulic system or Lippert 3.0?
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:46 AM   #3
Skypirate
Established Member

M.O.C. #24661
Hello! We have 2016 310RE....not hydraulic: cables, chain and electric motor...I have discovered that the model of gear box that has failed (R25076) is now 25076-1....meaning it comes with a new bracket and is also only the gear box. Also learned that the "whole" assembly is 225008 and costs $159.00 complete...called Josh at 417-548-2125 (very helpful!). It is a Norco motor
Skypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 04:18 PM   #4
Twopetes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17535
You can replace the shaft. I agree with Skypirate that the new gearbox is the new version. You need to replace both the gearbox and bracket. The motor should work. I got mine for about $120 from a local dealer. In my case I lost a gear in the gearbox.
Retired and Lovin’ it!
Twopetes is offline   Reply With Quote