Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2005, 04:37 PM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Bakersfield RV Park Query

We are going to go to Bakersfield for July 4th.
Has any one stayed at either of these two parks

A Country RV Park or Orange Grove RV Park

I would like to know your impressions of these facilities as to size of spaces, quality of facility, cleanliness and overall impression. Would you go there again.
Were the sites level.
Need to book soon to get a space however.
Thanks
Bob

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 05:02 PM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
We stayed at Orange Grove RV Park several years back on our way to Yosemite NP. It is just what the name implies, they made a RV park inside an orange grove about 3/4 mile from Highway 58. Best I remember there were good level pull-thrus. There were a few RV accessories for sale at the office. Down side was that it was 3-4 miles into Bakersfield. What made it a very enjoyable stay was that the orange trees were in bloom and the aroma was breath taking. I would recommend it and would stay there again if ever out that way.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 08:17 PM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Both parks are good. They are parks that we would stay at if we didn't live in Bakersfield. We have had friends stay in both parks and we have visited the parks. Country is the newer park. It is closer to Bakersfield by about 4 miles. It is adjacent to hwy 58 freeway but because the freeway is below ground level thru this section there is very little road noise. Sites are all pull thrus.... or most of them are. Grass between sites.... level concrete pads if I remember correctly. If not concrete then they would be gravel..... Don't remember the exact dimensions but plenty large sites.

Orange Grove is just further east on hwy58 ..... about a quarter mile off the road. Little or no road noise. Oranges smell great if you like that sort of thing. Sites are spacious and many pull thrus...... all are gravel. I believe the interior roads are blacktop. They, too, have a small store. You can't go wrong with either place. We would stay in either one.

If you are looking for just an overnight place then please consider our place. We have room in our driveway to park one rig. We have elect. 50 amp and 30 amp service. Water and sewer. The scenery might not be as good as the parks but the rate is a little better.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:17 PM   #4
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
We use Orange Grove. It is used extensively by for the "snowbird" migrations, but we stayed there for two months, Dec/Jan, for Holidays and family reasons. Easy in and out, away from the town itself, nice and quiet. There is a nice swimming pool, new facilities in the "overnighter" area. (gym, laundry, men and ladies showers, etc.) Clean and neat. Watch out for orange tree branches against the sides of the rubber roof at the roof line. The orange trees have already blossomed by July, and the new oranges are forming.

Hamrad is the resident expert....I seem to recollect seeing the the other park. In that recollection, I seem to recall smaller spaces re Orange Grove. No idea of the pricing or comparison of facilities.

Best Regards,
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 12:30 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We've stayed at Orange Grove many, many times. Never had a complaint. Some of the sites are long enough that you can stay hitched.
Happy trails.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote