Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2023, 02:27 PM   #1
Fulltimepipeliner

M.O.C. #33132
Tricky water leak in floor on 3665RE

I’ve noticed water pooling in the plastic underbelly cover, mostly by smell I in the summer heat and dripping when overfull. I can visually inspect all water connections with varying degree of difficulty except where water lines go into floor at water convenience Center and come out to supply hot water tank and kitchen sink in the island. Two cold water supply and hot water return. One of them has to be leaking. They make a turn in the floor and I’m not able to pull a new line through being Attached to the old lines. I can’t budge the lines. Maybe a cracked line from freezing or mice chewingOn them. Tried fish tape to pull new lines through beside the old ones but I get half way and can hear the tape hiding a cross beam in the frame/floor. There’s got to be a solution that eluded me this far. Going to pressure test the lines and hopefully only one is leaking and I’ll be able to tire both cold lines together and run just two of the lines. Someone must have a better solution to my problem than what I’ve come up with

Fulltimepipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 02:50 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
What year and model is your unit?
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 03:06 PM   #3
Fulltimepipeliner

M.O.C. #33132
2008 36665re
Old 08-05-2023, 03:45 PM   #4
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
In the sketch below - you have tanks located in the front drop-frame, and you may have a galley gray tank. I think the fresh water tank would be toward the back. Can you describe where you are seeing the leak based on the layout sketch below?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-08-05_16-37-51.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	15134  
Old 08-05-2023, 06:18 PM   #5
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Maybe an endoscope to see what's going on under there?

1920P Endoscope Snake Inspection Camera, Lightswim Type C Borescope, Scope Camera with 8 LED Lights for Android and iOS Smartphone, iPhone, iPad, Samsung (16.5 FT/5M) https://a.co/d/bJdv0Rc
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 06:55 PM   #6
Fulltimepipeliner

M.O.C. #33132
Aside from water building up on the underbelly plastic and dripping from under the front tanks and the kitchen sink tank areas of the underbelly I haven’t been able to visually identify a leak. My water pump will kick in occasionally to Rebuild pressure for just a second or two. I’ve pressure tested all three sections of water lines today and they all held fifty pounds of Air
Old 08-05-2023, 06:56 PM   #7
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
....you have tanks located in the front drop-frame, and you may have a galley gray tank. ....
I believe a 2008 model is pre-dropped frame. The shower and black tanks are in the area described but they run across the frame rather than with it.

To the OP: One thing to check before you get too carried away. Turn of the shore water supply and run off of the fresh water tank using the 12V pump. If the pump runs continuously, or ever minute or so, it indicates a leak somewhere. Hopefully it is quiet as a church mouse. If so then, I would ask about how often you use the black tank flush? They have a tendency to leak down the wall and into the coroplast area.

If the pump runs with nothing turned on, there is likely a leak. You are best off dropping the coroplast and finding where the leak is. As water can run along the coroplast for long distances, it is best to drop one side and find the source.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 06:57 PM   #8
Fulltimepipeliner

M.O.C. #33132
I had an ice berg right from the frame to the ground my last winter in northern Alberta. It was right between the fridge and furnace area on the outside of the frame inside my skirting
Old 08-05-2023, 07:00 PM   #9
Fulltimepipeliner

M.O.C. #33132
I haven’t used the flush in a couple years. I’m in southern bc last couple years running on my fresh water tank. Pump only kicks in occasionally and has done so since we bought the unit
Old 08-05-2023, 07:11 PM   #10
Fulltimepipeliner

M.O.C. #33132
Im guessing my water pump might be just getting weak and bleeding off pressure inside causing it to kick in occasionally for a second or two. After pressure testing the three lines I’ve only got the drain plumbing/holding tanks left to inspect closer. It’sa good thing I’m already bald or I’d be pulling my hair out here
Old 08-05-2023, 07:18 PM   #11
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
If the pump doesn't run and the lines hold 50 P.S.I., I think the leak is not in the water supply system. You say you can identify it "..mostly by smell I in the summer heat and dripping when overfull"..." That sound like a leak in one of your holding tanks. If it were the black one you will know by the spell. Therefore it sounds like your shower or kitchen tank has a crack that opens up and leaks when the tank approaches being full.
Once again, dropping the coroplast is the next step in finding the problem.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 06:34 PM   #12
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
I believe a 2008 model is pre-dropped frame. The shower and black tanks are in the area described but they run across the frame rather than with it.
Thankyou Carl. I had no idea the drop frame was not used in those years.

Tags
stuck waterlines in floor