Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2005, 02:08 AM   #21
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Look forward to seeing you guys again Jim and Pat. Safe travels.

Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 02:02 AM   #22
Ormee and Ginette
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #262
Hi Folks we intended to be there for Nov 15 to March 15 but are now considering changing our reservation for Dec 1 to April 1 we are reserved in site 217 same one as last year... Have a great summer where ever you maybe travelling... See y'all in the valley...
Ormee and Ginette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:42 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ormee and Ginette, Bentsen Palm Village?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:08 AM   #24
Ormee and Ginette
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #262
Well we have successfully changed our arrival reservation at Bentsen Palm Village RV Park to arrive Dec 1, 2005 to April 1, 2006 at the same site 217... See y'all down there it is so good to know that MOC will have a good showing at this park...
Ormee and Ginette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 11:39 AM   #25
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Steve

This is the list that Skip & I have started.

Mission

Bentsen Palm Village
#322 Carol & Al (Countryguy)
#308 You and Vicki (sriegle)
#522 John & Donna (OntMont)
#415 John & Marge (JLBOZ60)
#217 Ormee & Ginnette

Blue Bonnet
Faye & Gene (faeb and genb)

Restful Valley
#186 Sylvia and Al (ve7dhe)

Mc Allen

Adobe Wells,
Bill & Ann

Trade Winds?
Sharron & Bill (Contau Lake)
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:37 PM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Add Ormee and Ginette in 217 at Bentsen Palm Village. You had a couple in other parks I didn't have. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:40 PM   #27
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Skip, I won't tell if you won't tell,

CountryGUY, not BOY!

Call me anything, just don't forget to call me to dinner! HA HA

Carol

(Countrygirl is taken, or I might be tempted to get my own handle! NAHH, I am happy being Mrs. Countryguy!)

THANKS SKIP AND MARY FOR THE EDITING AND CORRECTION!!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:11 PM   #28
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Carol [Countrygal?]

Sorry, my mistake. I did the post, as Skip wouldn't of thought about doing it. Skip did the editing.

Mary
Old 04-30-2005, 02:15 PM   #29
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Mary,

You are forgiven, it was good for a laugh!

Hey, we have you guys, Countryfolks,

Al, (and me as a hanger on) as Countryguy

Countrygirl (Shirley)

and you think I should grab Countrygal??

ohhh, dear!

that would set the heads a spinning!>G>G>

ohhh, and I would get to go back to 1 post! HA HA

Carol
Old 05-02-2005, 03:19 PM   #30
Montana_3695

M.O.C. #3695
Sylvia and I (AL) will have reserved again at lot 186 in Restful Valley park in Mission....arriving sometime around the end of Oct 2005
Home Kamloops BC Can
2001 3280 Bigsky pulled by a 2003 dodge 3500 diesel and in control of Rusty , the poodle.
Montana_3695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 01:23 AM   #31
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
How come Countryfolks/Skip and Mary are doing all the work and I didn't see their name?
Old 05-03-2005, 03:57 AM   #32
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ve7dhe

Sylvia and I (AL) will have reserved again at lot 186 in Restful Valley park in Mission....arriving sometime around the end of Oct 2005
Home Kamloops BC Can
2001 3280 Bigsky pulled by a 2003 dodge 3500 diesel and in control of Rusty , the poodle.
Al and Sylvia, any idea how long you'll be there? I'm compiling a list of those planning to be in that area. I think others are doing the same.

We look forward to meeting you and the others we've not yet met and reconnecting with those we have.

Thanks.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:57 AM   #33
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
We may get to go back so Mary decided she wanted to keep track of folks going down there.

Skip
Old 05-10-2005, 01:34 AM   #34
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Hope you and Mary can make it Skip.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:04 AM   #35
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We'd like to see you there, too, Skip and Mary.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:09 AM   #36
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
We absolutely loved the Texas Valley this past winter, especially our weekly runs across the boarder for double bubble. Sorry we missed seeing everyone. Seems like our next winter visit will need to be longer than only the month of January to partake in all the festivities. In reading Country Folks list posted on April 30th it looks like Bentsen Palm Village is the place of choice and where all the action will be. Would anyone care to comment on this RV park, as we are not familiar with it. And how does it compare to Victoria Palms (where we stayed this last winter)? Thanks.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 02:05 AM   #37
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
You should get quite a bit of feedback on this one. The one thing I do know is that Victoria Park is older but closer to the flea market. Bentsen Palm is at the end of the road, so to speak, outside of Mission but near a state park. Palms Village is a new park with very little in the way of trees.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:27 AM   #38
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Hi Vic

Victoria Palms and Bentson Palms Village are quite different. VP is a true resort, large, nicely groomed, TONS of activities, etc.

BPV is smaller, set up with a number of "circles", has a small pool and an even smaller hot tub, is very close to the state park, which is well known for birding and butterflies, etc.

VP is very close to the xpressway, BPV is not.

VP is very close to Progreso, BPV is another 30 minutes or so, Bill and Ann might tell us more about where they go to Mexico from this area, as they are parked not far from BPV

We could not get into VP last year, so went to sister park at Mercedes, Llano Grande. It is also VERY large. We were parked in a new site, 00000 on the electric meter when we pulled in on the 1st of Feb. It was over a mile to the pool/hot tub and activity buildings. There was another pool, no hot tub, closer, which was very nice too. We did not have bikes with us, so if Al took truck to play pool, I was stuck in the trailer, Sorry, I was not up to walking a mile to the pool, remember, Al and I were VERY sick for the first 2 weeks.

Anyway, we drove out to BPV to see OntMont (John and Donna) and liked what we saw. Some will remember (tongue in cheek humor here) that we have 4 yorkies. Many parks in the Valley will not let us stay cause we have 4, many will not let us stay if we had ONE! BPV is rather dog friendly. They even have a exercise/obedience area set up for the dogs. I believe OntMont told us they even have someone to train the dogs there. Seeing that we were not thrilled with Mercedes, and because of the unfavorable cancellation policies at VP we decided to try BPV. The staff there seem to be really great, I have cleared the 4 yorks with the manager of the park, and we are really looking forward to meeting up with all the MOC members in the park and in the area.

Price difference as well, we can stay for 3 months at BPV for just a bit more than 2 months at VP and sister parks. BPV has WIFI, and cable tv, and enough activities to keep you from getting bored, but not so many that you are worn out from going to them all.

AND, gentle reminder, we enjoyed our MOC gatherings so much that we asked for our own club forum/thread so we could plan MORE THAN ONE gathering each Winter Texan season. Some MOC members are there from about November on, so, we have set tenative gathering days times as: Third Thursday of each month, November through at least March. probably in the afternoon, and places to be determined. (It will be up to the membership in the area to arrange a spot, call a restaurant ask for a room, etc. Also to decide if you will gather in December, which can be a busy month.)

OntMont and others that have actually stayed in BPV can tell you a LOT more than I can.

Carol
Old 05-13-2005, 01:52 PM   #39
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Skip and Mary we hope that you will be able to make it to Bentsen Palms Village.
Ron and Vic we would like to see you there also. John and I made three trips to Victoria Palms to try to locate you in Feb only to find you were gone. Carol is the one who told us you left.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:24 PM   #40
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Hi all,

We have been travelling and absent from this forum for a while. Back home now.

So far as BPV goes, all I can really say is that it suited our lifestyle. It is a bit off the beaten path, small by RGV standards, quite new, but nicely laid out and landscaped. It probably appeals more to the outdoor, birdwatching, bike-riding, dog walking types. Not big on planned activities, and pot-lucks, although there are some.

Part of our travels took us to Ottawa, Ontario, for the Capital City Race Weekend where we completed a 5k walk with our 12-day old grandson and his mother. Our son, daughter, and son-law (the baby's father, aunt and uncle) completed the 1/2 marathon.

While in the area, we took the opportunity to meet up with Ormee and Ginette for a pleasant lunch. On the way home, by pure chance, we met Bill and Ann at the Flying J in Napanee, ON. later that same day, we set up camp in a provincial park, only to find that our neighbours had been at Bentsen Palm Village while we were there. Small world!

One thing we learned from these meetings is that almost everyone who spent much time in the RGV last year, seems to have had fuel filter problems. Ours died on the way to Ottawa, but we were quickly on the road again thanks to GM Roadside Assistance and quick service by the local Chev dealer (Gananoque Chevrolet).
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote