Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2007, 08:35 AM   #1
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Bill,

We were very dissapointed in the Dealer efforts on our PDI. The general attitude we encountered was that they have already checked out the unit, and anything else we find becomes a warranty issue. I had to take control of the situation by locking the check in my truck and explaining that this unit does not belong to me until I say it does, and that will only occur after I have verified it is satisfactory to me!

Attitudes improved, but I was extremely uncomfortable. We spent the rest of the day going through the unit inside and out, and spent the evening in it after they closed. We found only minor issues which were reluctantly repaired. One of the bearing caps was missing and they had to remove the wheel to replace it. When I saw the air gun and asked for the lugs to be torqued instead of air hammered consistent with Keystone instructions, I got the rolling eyes.

In short, plan on taking at least a full day if repairs are required. If you get a smile and participation, you have found a great Dealer which I have yet to find. I honestly doubt I will ever get the service I need at this Dealer and am regretting I drove 400 miles to get there. The price wasn't that good!

Don't want to discourage you. The best of luck to you on delivery!

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote