Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2005, 11:16 AM   #21
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ron, you know what eye daggers are, right? Well....

Can't have a dog, either. We have a granddaughter and DIL with allergies to most pets so the choice between having a pet and having them visit is an easy one for us.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #22
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Yea I figured that would get a rise out of somebody. Yes if grandkids are allergic that is a no brainier. Our granddaughter is going to be 12 in April and she just loves this dog. She said a while back that we should get a dog that she can play with. We keep her some during the summer when school is out. We have a above ground pool and you'd think she was a fish

ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 03:00 PM   #23
BigBlue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #109
Steve
How about a clapper? Clap on, Clap off!!
BigBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 05:13 AM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
BigBlue, I tried that once but she just looked at me with that "bet me!" look. Oh, you mean the automated electric clapper!
Old 03-06-2005, 05:17 PM   #25
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
This is getting to be a way too dangerous post, should Vicki, Thelma or Terrie visit. Steve, if you were still in the workforce, you could justify it as a cost savings. One printer costs less than one hour of legal work by a divorce attorney. I recommend you go out and get that new wireless printer and don't give it a second thought. The best money you'll ever spend.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 05:08 AM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
LOL, Ron! And Vicki, because of where she worked, would know exactly which attorney would best stick it to me! Since our money all goes into the family pot we long ago solved the problem that occurs when one wants to buy something the other thinks is unnecessary. Each month we each get a fixed amount of "mad money" that can be spent however you want, no questions asked. So when I say I'm saving my "mad money" for a pullrite superglide, that's what I mean! The trouble is I keep finding other toys I want and the mad money fund doesn't grow enough. Now, if I could convince Vicki to chip in HER mad money.... Let's see, wireless printer or superglide...
Old 03-07-2005, 10:47 AM   #27
Montana_2428
Established Member

M.O.C. #2428
Haven't see anyone mention "MAC" filtering. This is another way to go on those routers that support it.

Just my $0.03

Don and Michele
Montana_2428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:35 PM   #28
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Steve -

Vicki and Terrie could share notes. Terrie's tolerant of my technology bent, but if it cost her mad money, it would be a different thing. I can't help myself, though. I have my eye on building a new home PC that can take all of our videos and burn to DVD. Maybe I should add a wireless printer while I'm at it.
There's always Prairiepoodle's chewing gum suggestion.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 06:37 PM   #29
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ron
My Sony (Vaio) Multi Medi can turn our VCR's and videos to DVD's. It also has slots for all the memory cards (sticks) for digital cameras as well as being able to control the TV with remote (not printer though). I haven't used it all yet but have played some. I can also put voice and music on the DVD, I've played with that some. I have a mike/headphone combo.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 12:56 PM   #30
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
My plain old laptop has a dvd burner and the media slots. It's really nice to just take the camera card and put it in the slot and have a folder open up with all the pictures. I haven't played with the dvd burner yet. I forgot how much a dvd holds so will have to check that out. I know it's in the gigabytes.

Ron, I used to build my own desktops but now that we're using laptops I wish I just had the guts to take it apart and see how repairable it might be. I have a Sony that's dying and is currently my "spider solitaire" machine until it dies. Once it's done living I'll take it apart. Just can't bring myself to do that with one that still works.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #31
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Steve,
I'm on MSN so I get these updates from Microsoft all the time (newsletter type thing). Today was how to set up your home wireless network including printers. So go check out Microsoft web page.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 07:23 AM   #32
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Parrothead. I get some of their newsletters, too. We were offline totally for about ten nights and I had over 700 emails when we finally got back online. Most were spam and I deleted those. I think I deleted the newsletters, too, so probably missed that. I'll probably have to check it out. For now, the printer's usb cable end is sitting in a little basket on an end table next to my chair. All I have to do is reach over, grab the cable, and plug it in. This laptop has usb connecters on the sides so I don't even have to move the laptop to connect to the printer. However, I sometimes have to get up to turn the printer on. That's the next challenge. I guess I need one of those clappers mentioned before.