Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2015, 10:18 AM   #1
Lugnut
Established Member

M.O.C. #14577
Grey Water

I go to empty my grey water today and the galley emptied no problem... But the BR grey water will not empty... The handle doesn't feel any different... All handles have been hard to pull and close since I bought this thing new last May... Montana 291rls... Bottom is sealed... What can I do to fix it... My wife has an RV guy coming out in a couple of hours... Since its under warranty, I didn't really want him to do it... I bought it in Reno and we have been on the road since June... Will be getting back to Reno next week... I just want to dump it n the dealers lap... Thanks for any help...

Gunk

Lugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:06 AM   #2
Lugnut
Established Member

M.O.C. #14577
Never mind guys... I kept messing with it and got it to open and emptied... Got it closed again... Hopefully I can keep it working long enough to get it to Reno...
Lugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:08 PM   #3
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
Try pouring some vegetable oil in the tank when it's empty & then drive with it to slosh it about. Might help lubricate the valve some.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:59 PM   #4
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Glad you got it working, A lot of us with All brands have the problem sometimes ,it is not a big deal really to fix ,Lots of lube on the pull handle itself,like was said before dump some veggie oil down the Toilet every once in a while Like WaltBennett said and if you have to just drop the underbelly cover and spray the knife valve itself I have done it a few times but since it is still on Warranty like you said let the dealer mess with it
Old 01-28-2015, 01:41 AM   #5
poloace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13649
I have had problems with the black valve and cable since it was about 8 months old. The cable itself broke off and was in my hand.
Just recently had the black valve itself replaced.
I liked the old dump valve location, that did not have cables attached, that could be easily reached and replaced.
poloace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:47 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Mine are all very hard to pull and close. We have tried all remedies and nothing works.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:35 AM   #7
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Does ANYTHING work on yours anymore Rich????...One more thing to add to the "List"
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Mine are all very hard to pull and close. We have tried all remedies and nothing works.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:10 PM   #8
poloace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13649
My black cable valve works better than it did. It used to take 2 hands to pull. Both grey's work hard , but at least i can use 1 hand.
I am trying the valve lubricant. Seems to help, but only have had in in now for a few weeks.
poloace is offline   Reply With Quote