Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2009, 09:05 AM   #1
muddflapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7533
3400 TV wiring diagram

I know awhile back there was a topic about hooking up the cables to the TVs. I think it was Brad who posted a diagram on how all the outlets were wired for the main and bedroom TVs. Does anybody have that diagram? I had a Direct TV guy come out and hookup a DVR and put the old box back in the bedroom. He got the front TV to work but he couldn't figure out how to get the back TV hooked up. He undid all the wiring and then said he had to go..Thanks a lot Buddy! Anyway, I finally got the back TV hooked up to the old Direct box but I have no Antenna feed to any of my TVs and I can't figure out which is which. Help Brad or anyone else who might know

muddflapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
deadeyenevermisses
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9268
I'm going to my dealer next Thursday to have my Winegard Traveler installed. If I manage to learn anything, I'll pass it along.
deadeyenevermisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Here is link to one topic with my hand drawing.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I believe this is the picture Brad posted. I copied it from tinypic.com so I would have a copy when it eventually got deleted from there.

http://tinypic.com/r/o10668/5

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I couldn't see the diagram very well, but I found that I had to figure out which one was a jumper from the outside source and going into the LR cabinet and then to the back bedroom. I took the input from the outside dish and put a splitter on it. One output of the splitter goes into the satellite receiver for the living room television, and the other output of the splitter went back into the interior wall coax so that it could get to the rear bedroom. I then put a second satellite receiver in series with the bedroom televsion.

Use RG-6 whenever possible. I don't think the feed back to the back bedroom is RG-6 because that feed doesn't always work correctly.

I hope this helps.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:54 AM   #6
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Art, Mudflapp, there are 2 cables running from the bedroom (and booster) to the livingroom TV, one is rg59u(for the antenna) the other is RG-6 (for cable and satellite). Splitting the satellite feed with a normal splitter does not work as there is not enought gain for the satellite to provide for both receivers. To accomodate 2 receivers you need a dual feed from the antenna one to each receiver, this takes a bit of wiring to get it right. A satellite power splitter may or may not work in this application. We tried one and it just would not cut it. On a friends unit it worked, go figure.
To get to the RG6 in the bed room you need to get behing the antenna booster and disconnect it from the booster then you have a rg6 for from to back, connect the feed to the 2 in cables you have in the LR. Put an AB switch in the bedroom and have antenna and satellite at that location.

This looks about clear as mud, but it's really pretty simple, even for a old F--t like me.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #7
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

I couldn't see the diagram very well...
While the picture isn't the best, try holding down the CNTL key while pressing the Plus key (on the same key as the equal sign) to enlarge the picture.
Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote