Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #1
grooving grandpa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8250
Surround Sound Speakers

I have a 2955RL, 2005. As far as I am concerned the surround sound is useless. With the furnace going and my bad ears, the speakers in the TV don't do it. Is it possible to convert the surround sound speakers as remote TV speakers. Is there an audio output on the back of the TV? Are the surround sound wires hard wired? Any way, can they be converted to regular speakers.

grooving grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:21 AM   #2
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
On your dvd/radio/ etc: unit, you should be able to go thru different speaker functions that will change the configuation. Look in your book on that unit and it should guide you treu it.At least I think it should help
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #3
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
I put our TV sound thru the surround sound speakes, didn't help. Then I took the wire to the rear surround sound speakers and hooked them direct to the TV, that worked. I have what is fondly called Army ears (a few to many artillery rounds) so I also need all the help I can get on the speaker issue. The only problem now is the wife can't stand it as it's way too loud for her. Looking at the headphone ampliers system for me now and have gone back to the normaly TV speakers. The only thing worst than not hearing the TV is hearing about hearing it from the DW. When she is unhappy I am really unhappy and had rather miss the tv show.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
When I picked up our 3400RL I was told that the tv would not supply surround sound, but if I was playing a DVD I would have the surround sound.

Doing some inspections I found that the tv had an audio output, and the DVD an audio input. I connected the two and now use the DVD to listen to the tv. Wife sits on the sofa and can now hear without me having to crank up the volume so I can hear. You just use the mode button on the DVD to select the tv sound.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:34 AM   #5
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
Thanks for posting this info. We too have had problems getting the surround sound to work with the TV, even in DVD mode.

Jim...I too was a REDLEG...8 incher.
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:17 AM   #6
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Groovin Grandpa,
You have to remember that there are many variations on the "entertainment systems" supplied in Montanas over the years. What works for one may not work in another. In our early '05 model, we have a Toshiba CRT TV and a QR3000 Surround sound system. With that combination, we can play the TV sound through the surround sound speakers.

We also know of people in a similar situation to you, who use wireless headphones to listen to the TV sound, that way they can adjust their personal volume level to their liking, without disturbing anyone else.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #7
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
I think I am going to have to expand a bit on my previous post. We also have a satellite reciever, that is what allows us put the TV sound through the speakers.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Grooving Grandpa,
Could you provide me with the model number of all your electronic equipment?
If you can, I will search for the diagrams and see what type of connections that you have. Unless you have some old, or cheap (and Montana can issue cheap) electronics, you should be able to play your tv sound through the surround sound.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote