Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2007, 12:59 AM   #1
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
Firefox

I seem to have trouble using Firefox to access the Monty site. It opens the site and shows me as logged in but then when I try to view Active Topics for Yesterday, it freezes up. If I switch to Safari I have no problem.

gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:55 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I use Firefox all the time and haven't notice any problems today. I did have a problem over the weekend but cleared out my internet files and cookies and it's been great.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:12 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I like jrgwdenner use Firefox and have not noticed a problem. Good luck.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:47 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I don't understand why switch from a perfectly good system that comes in most all new computers to Firefox, Safari, Netscape, etc. I have been using IE to surf the net since the mid 90's and have never had a problem.
So why switch??
I want legitimate reasons so please lets not be bashing Bill Gates. I know some people can't stand him but face it if it wasn't for Bill where would the computer industry be today. I never liked Dale Earnhart but I still drive a GM and use the GM Goodwrench whenever needed. I don't care for Dale Jr either but than again I never did like Bud although their commercials are great. I was no fan of Jimmy Carter either but I still eat peanuts and I won't even discuss Billy Beer.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:58 AM   #5
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I had a failure between IE and Yahoo games. That failure (too many java errors) did not occure with Firefox. That was the reason I loaded Firefox. Those errors came about just after IE 7.0 came out.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:43 AM   #6
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

I don't understand why switch from a perfectly good system that comes in most all new computers to Firefox, Safari, Netscape, etc. I have been using IE to surf the net since the mid 90's and have never had a problem.
So why switch??
I want legitimate reasons so please lets not be bashing Bill Gates. I know some people can't stand him but face it if it wasn't for Bill where would the computer industry be today. I never liked Dale Earnhart but I still drive a GM and use the GM Goodwrench whenever needed. I don't care for Dale Jr either but than again I never did like Bud although their commercials are great. I was no fan of Jimmy Carter either but I still eat peanuts and I won't even discuss Billy Beer.
Glen you just don't let anyone have any fun with this type of answer!
1. nascar drivers - i like em, some more than others.
2 Carter - liked what he tried - new blood in DC just not enough new blood. (( billy beer - gotta exploit the relatives while you've got the chance ))
3. BUD - It's the KING (but I like MGD better)

and finally

4. MS or Bill- most bug ridden programs ever released, no other company could release products with the history of problems that MS has and still be in business. More virus and attacks are pointed towards MS than any other. These are the main reasons people use other products.
jmho
chuck
do i use ms yes but i don't have to like it, in business it was to difficult not to use some of ms - industry standard
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:10 AM   #7
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

So why switch??
Glenn, you're right. IE works well, but if you ever tried Firefox you would find that it operates just a little faster. I use both browsers.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:48 PM   #8
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Glenn,

Microsoft hasn't supported IE on a MAC for several years now, that's why some people use Firefox and Safari. I am a died in the wool PC guy but I do have an old Mac that I use Firefox on and have no problems. In PC land, I agree nothing even comes close to IE, I love the newest version.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:15 PM   #9
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
I have always used IE but when we were having problems with the slow forum I switched to Firefox and no more slow forum. I also notice it runs faster than IE.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #10
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
It is real simple. Any MS product is a larger target than non-MS software. Firefox has been extremely reliable for me with the rare exception of internet areas controled by MS. Firefox is not a major target for virus villians.

Next, My son is an IT director for his company and recommends firefox over IE for most applications. He also recommends virus protection and firewall protection not related to MS. This is not MS bashing, it is pragmatism in choosing how I get it done.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #11
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
Wow what a response to my simple question. I actually like Safari and Firefox, its just is baffling as to why Firefox stopped working. I may reload it and see if that corrects the problem
Old 03-01-2007, 02:45 PM   #12
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
John,

Try dumping all your cookies and starting over. I was having problems with the Forum and Firefox and that fixed my issue, worth a try.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #13
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
There's a new version of Firefox (v2.0.0.2). Check out http://www.filehippo.com/. It has a lot of good freeware to download especially Crap Cleaner (Ccleaner). It removes unused and temporary files from your system.
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:26 PM   #14
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
CCleaner is a gooden...it is very powerful though, so be a little careful.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:45 PM   #15
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
Thanks again, I downloaded the newer version and everything is working. This site is great.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:12 PM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I am using Firefox right now. You might check your security settings. You need to allow the url for this forum to set cookies.

What do you mean when you say it freezes up? Is it FF that freezes or is it the forum?

I occasionally use IE, too, but moved to FF because of past headaches with spyware/adware that IE allowed into my system. I also have a software firewall and antispyware and antivirus software running. Using FF just gives me another layer of protection since IE is so much the target. And I like it better, anyhow. It's had tabbed browsing for a long time. IE is just now adding that.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote