Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2021, 08:05 AM   #1
RipNC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26926
Warranty work dealer recommendations?

Looking for an "authorized" dealer to address several warranty issues. Prefer northern Florida or southern Georgia. I've actually seen a few good reviews of the CW in Lake City, FL (though my experience with the CW retail side scares me).

Thanks in advance!

RipNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 05:21 AM   #2
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Rip, our dealer is the CW of Jacksonville. We've had good luck with them, but lately there has been a lot of turn over and they are short staffed. Also, parts have been a real issue lately with Covid.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 06:19 AM   #3
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Good luck, RipNC. Most dealers, unlike automotive, staff to service their customers and some emergency work. One of our former dealers explained, on average, they eat over $1000 average per unit in unreimbursed expenses across all brands and types. With that said, you may have better luck with an approved mobile tech, depending on your issue. Best of luck.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 06:50 AM   #4
RipNC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26926
Robert & Diana,

Thank you!

Ron,

I agree, but mostly this trip will be to document these items before warranty expires. If they can fix them it would be a bonus. Doubtful though, one is a full body paint issue and the other is a vinyl floor deep scratch from a screw or brad that was penetrating the slide floor. I found the culprit and used a nailset to drive it back and stop it from cutting thru the vinyl. The other is a slide adjustment that I'd be comfrortable doing myself if not for the need to address the other issues.

Being fulltime makes this all a PITA...
Old 09-03-2021, 04:53 AM   #5
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
I'd give them a call and see if you can set an appointment to get in and have these things addressed. I've been dealing with Amanda (Mandy), but I would think anyone there could help you with Keystone. 904-866-4415.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:09 PM   #6
Salineriverman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #29050
I’ve had my Montana at Little Rock for almost a month for a black water valve replacement and window shade. They claim they are having trouble getting the parts. I also had them check my AC units , living room wouldn’t keep it cool and BR unit was kicking on and off but was cooling. They said nothing wrong with AC’s. I finally lost my cool and told them I’d be picking it up next Friday with or without the repairs. What major company doesn’t keep a parts inventory?
Especially on parts like black and grey water valves!!! I would have been fired at work if I didn’t have an adequate inventory so production would not be impacted!
Salineriverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:41 PM   #7
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Try locating the parts elsewhere and offer to supply them to the dealer. You may just find that they'll come up with a different excuse. Been there, done that.
Old 09-04-2021, 04:48 AM   #8
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salineriverman View Post
I’ve had my Montana at Little Rock for almost a month for a black water valve replacement and window shade. They claim they are having trouble getting the parts. I also had them check my AC units , living room wouldn’t keep it cool and BR unit was kicking on and off but was cooling. They said nothing wrong with AC’s. I finally lost my cool and told them I’d be picking it up next Friday with or without the repairs. What major company doesn’t keep a parts inventory?
Especially on parts like black and grey water valves!!! I would have been fired at work if I didn’t have an adequate inventory so production would not be impacted!
Agree completely. I've been fortunate that the repairs I've been waiting on for so long have not been show stoppers. I'm still able to use the rig. I have had to put new tires on after only 18 months since the original ones have worn pretty badly on the inside edge with the bent rear axle.
Old 09-04-2021, 07:25 AM   #9
RipNC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26926
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcNeal View Post
I'd give them a call and see if you can set an appointment to get in and have these things addressed. I've been dealing with Amanda (Mandy), but I would think anyone there could help you with Keystone. 904-866-4415.
Will do, thank you!
Old 09-08-2021, 04:35 PM   #10
rrklay

M.O.C. #29603
Stay away from Lake City! Have a 2016 Montana. I've called Jaco. Still haven't resolved all my repairs. Will never go back! Have a guy outside LC cheap, does as good or better work than CW.
rrklay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 05:18 PM   #11
RipNC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26926
Thanks for the heads up!
Old 09-10-2021, 06:58 AM   #12
jeririgged223
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26548
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcNeal View Post
Rip, our dealer is the CW of Jacksonville. We've had good luck with them, but lately there has been a lot of turn over and they are short staffed. Also, parts have been a real issue lately with Covid.
Be advised, most warranty and recall work is being booked out months from now. I've got a November appt and had it for 2 months already.
jeririgged223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 07:12 AM   #13
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Things should begin to improve as fas as the workforce is concerned. The Feds stopped the extra money being paid to not work. The increase of jobs being filled will alleviate shortages of repair parts and labor for services. I always prefer doing my own work. Sorry for those that can't. I do think mobile repairmen are better than most repair shops, especially the ones at dealerships.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:40 AM   #14
Salineriverman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #29050
Well , my rating for Camping World Service at Little Rock is a 0 on a scale of 1 to 10!!
After numerous phone calls of letting them know my intentions of picking up the camper late Friday and stressing the need to get it repaired by then only to get there Friday afternoon around 4:20 pm to go inside and the service folks didn’t know if the repairs were done. They printed out a sheet showing parts arrived on 9-8 and 9-9 . They bring camper around and I ask guy if they got to fix it? He didn’t know. I look at windows and tell blind not installed. Wife goes ��!!
She goes inside and gives them a tongue lashing!! Guy comes out from shop bringing window shade and offers to install. They tell me to bring camper back and they will do black water valve and try to only keep it a couple of days. I ask service manager if parts came in on Wednesday and I had been letting them know I was coming Friday evening why not repair since they’ve had it since August 10th? He said he didn’t know, he doesn’t schedule the shop repairs!!! Then why the heck had I been talking to him for info???
Get home and had to reset lippert leveling system and now refrigerator won’t run!!! I’m hoping it will kick on later this am.
As for future purchases from Camping World?? Hell No!!!
No more Montana’s either!! Of course service dept blames Keystone suppliers!! Claimed they can’t go online and order off Amazon!!! Enough venting for one day!! Just hope my refrigerator starts working!!!
Salineriverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:05 AM   #15
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
Things should begin to improve as fas as the workforce is concerned. The Feds stopped the extra money being paid to not work. The increase of jobs being filled will alleviate shortages of repair parts and labor for services. I always prefer doing my own work. Sorry for those that can't. I do think mobile repairmen are better than most repair shops, especially the ones at dealerships.
Our daughter-in-law works at a Florida hospital and things are still very, very, bad down there. She just worked over a month with no days off with many of those double shifts.

Our son quit his job to homeschool their son and they will not be sending him to school or daycare until things improve so he will not be rejoining the workforce anytime soon. Lots of their friends are doing the same and just dealing with the economic consequences.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...last-3-months/

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...0-days-report/

https://www.news4jax.com/health/2021...-child-deaths/
R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:09 AM   #16
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrklay View Post
Stay away from Lake City! Have a 2016 Montana. I've called Jaco. Still haven't resolved all my repairs. Will never go back! Have a guy outside LC cheap, does as good or better work than CW.
We agree 100% on this!!!!!

Not from a service experience but from a sales experience when we were shopping for our class C. We walked and bought elsewhere. Very poor customer service and we hadn't even bought yet. Can't imaging what they would be like after the sale.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:58 AM   #17
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
The amount of people who are down and sick are few compared to the population as a whole. There are many who choose unemployment because they could afford to based upon augmented unemployment payments or spouses that can cover the loss. It's their choice to live as they see fit. Most will work out of necessity. A lack of taxpayer subsidies will increase their necessity. That is what it will take to get things moving again. I have little sympathy for those that work long and hard. Lots do anyway and comes with having to work for a living. But, good for them for having a work ethic. It is a dying attribute these days.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:04 AM   #18
tooth ferry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17209
RV Connections in Panama City FL . Bought my unit there and they were very nice, and good about warranty repairs. They were repairing and painting a smashed area on a big Class A so I know they have that capability also. They also had an area we "camped" in 1 or 2 nites while they were fixing our problems.
tooth ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:35 AM   #19
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
The amount of people who are down and sick are few compared to the population as a whole. There are many who choose unemployment because they could afford to based upon augmented unemployment payments or spouses that can cover the loss. It's their choice to live as they see fit. Most will work out of necessity. A lack of taxpayer subsidies will increase their necessity. That is what it will take to get things moving again. I have little sympathy for those that work long and hard. Lots do anyway and comes with having to work for a living. But, good for them for having a work ethic. It is a dying attribute these days.
Your lack of compassion for healthcare workers, working 19 hour days, for weeks at a time, with no days off, directly with COVID patients, is not only astonishing but also all telling. I won't see any reply as you are now on my Ignore List.