Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Execpt for the residential fridge there was no floor plan that jumped out at us this year and we heard that from many of the old timers at the Factory tours.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:40 AM   #22
Carole
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12726
I totally agree. I haven't found any new plan that I would trade my 2013 Mountaineer 358 rlt for. This is why we bought the Mountaineer because of the floor plan and after 10 types of rvs and 4 FWs, this is by far my favorite. I surely am glad because this one will take us on out of here. Who is Montana listening to?
Carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:02 PM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
They are looking to be competitive with other brands in the price range. Redwood has been gaining on Montana. I think the new lines, Montana, Montana Legacy and Montana Big sky offer a wider choice. Example most Montana legacy's and the Big sky are far to heavy for my 08 Ford Diesel and I can not afford a new truck. I think the new Montana which is the old Mountaineer upgraded will appeal to those who need a lighter 5th wheel. Just my opinion.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #24
davidaf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13601
Just got back from the Pomona RV show and saw several Montanas. The new floor plan with the stairs on both ends was innovative but wouldn't work for me for several reason. The FL was also nice but again wouldn't work for me. Two points to Keystone for trying something new. Lots of people were talking up the new stuff. In all honestly if you blind folded me, popped me into a rig and asked which mid tier I was in i probably couldn't tell you. Everything just kinda squished into one big mix. I'm not saying that's necessarily bad, they all seemed nice just the same. Of course RW and MS stood out and don't get me started on New Horizon. Keystone is going to have a heck of a battle beating out RW in that price range given the consumer has a choice between the two. However I do think they'll do very well against some of the other higher mid tier brands. A few rigs priced around 100k just didn't seem to match up against the Big Sky dollar for dollar. Mind you I wasn't crawling under rigs and eyeballing everything. I know there are differences in all rigs and manufactures that one needs to consider before making a purchase. I was just playing window shopper enjoying the eye candy.
davidaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:28 AM   #25
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
Hello, All

My wife and I just bought our 331rlt and just love it. we picked it over many of the other models that Montana has. it is too bad that they dropped this model it is a very well designed plan. OH well, but hey that makes us in a model that not too many people will have. I guess were special. LOL
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote