Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2006, 04:59 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Halogen Lighting

I am repeating my response to questions from a member about the Halogen lighting I did.
This lighting idea of mine has been posted, but we have new members and they may want to upgrade the cheap 'in you eyes' lighting on kitchen counters.
My email-er is going to do track lighting on the ceiling, which is a great idea, since it was a private email, I didn't want to post his name without consent.
Here is my slightly edited response and some pictures:
Halogen lighting:
Happy to help,
We bought ours at Lowe's. They have a nicer selection than Home Despot, Sue said.
They are 120 volt with a transformer in the round base.
I installed a switch in both 'halves' of the unit, I split the runner power bar, feeding both sides off of the 12 volts, I put the transformer aside.
You will use the entire power bar, I imagine. I think you have a good idea there, keep me up to speed on it if you can.
Our unit is Brown with Sand colored lenses, or shades. They have others there. The track bar is flexible, it came with 5 lights. I'll try to post pictures for you.
Ozz
Good luck.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...ighting003.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...ngoneandTw.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...ingonean-1.jpg

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:50 AM   #2
pep1977
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5248
thank you for the response. i have looked at both stores and found nice stuff at both places, and an assortment of prices. maybe i will go back to lowes and see what they have. i had called a lighting store and they wanted my first born for this project and i was in no hurry to do that when i saw what you had done several months ago. again thank you and keep up the good work
pep1977 is offline   Reply With Quote