Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
For Men Only

Okay! Ladies may benefit.

I watched a show one time where it was stated that you could use the same razor for 6 months. I thought, "Ouch!" But then they told how it could be done.

Since every nickle counts, I figured I could pass it along.

All that is necessary is to thoroughly rinse and DRY the razor. I always have rinsed well, but then just put it up in its holder. Now, and since I have been told that I'm all hot air, I hold it near the palm of my hand and give it a good huff and a puff several times. I'll also take a look to see if any shaving soap stuck inside it and if so, I'll take and old toothbrush, or Earlene's - but dont' tell her, and gently clean out the soap, then rinse and dry again. I'm on my second month with the same razor.

Every nickle counts!

Now watch, the razor manufacturers will start making inferior razors so they can sell more.

I say ladies could benefit with the throw-away razors they use and get a few more days out of them.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I wish it were only nickels... where do you find blades for nickles?

Well now that the cat is out of the bag regarding Earlene's toothbrush, I have a feeling she'll be using your shaver for herself since you can get it to last longer. Seems fair.

With replacement razors approaching near 'obtaining financing' prices, that's certainly worth a try. It makes sense that any left over residue (water, cream, hair, etc.) would cause a reaction that shortens its sharpness life.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:47 AM   #3
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Or - you could do like I do and just quit shaving.
Of course, you then have to keep your scissors sharp!!
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:59 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dang Larry! I never thought of that.(NOT)

A little story. While working at NASA (JSC) I decided to grow a beard. Five or 6 months into it I had a very neatly trimmed full beard. One day as I was in Building 1, One of the ladies saw me and exclaimed, "What's with the beard?" I told her that it was just something to do and one day I'd just shave half of it off. She dared me! (Don't do that) So about a week later, I shaved half the beard off. I mean one full side of the face. I went to work.

You will not believe this. Over 70 percent of those that I "ran" into, never noticed until speaking with me for several minutes. It was funny as can be. So, off to Building 1. As I walked in, the security guard just started laughing. They are trained, I guess, to notice things like that. Anyway, we were standing their laughing and people were walking in and going right past us without even a second glance. A few would smile and just shake their heads. (NASA can be a weird place with all the PHD's and what-nots) I headed to the elevator and stepped on with a gentleman that just came in. I exclaimed it was a personal item we were laughing about, and after about 15-20 seconds, as I was looking right at him, I pointed to my face. He exclaimed, "Oh my gosh! I didn't even notice."

We perceive what we perceive.

Try it Larry. Great conversation piece.

Edited: Oh! I did win a free lunch from the lady who dared me. I had to get something out of it.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:06 PM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Wayne, I don’t think I could have done that but I know a guy that wore a dress in to work one day, (well maybe it was a kilt but I’m not sure.) Does that count? I kind of like Larry’s idea where I don’t have to shave every day and when it needs attention or starts to look a little sloppy I just trim it up a little.