Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2019, 10:41 AM   #1
tooth ferry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17209
Reupholster

2014 MontHC 305RL. Theater seating. All of the "leather" still looks great on the sofa and theater seating except the headrest areas on the theater seats. When leaning over the backs of the seats to clean the blinds the surface of the "leather" scrubbed off on my jeans and shirt. I would like to have these areas redone but have unable to find a way to take the seat backs off to take to the shop. Have you taken the backs off or found a way to get the seats out to take for repairs?

tooth ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:22 PM   #2
gjennings
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22840
Just thinking but are there mobile leather repair people in your area? Sounds like they could just recolor the damaged area.
Not full timers yet but soon
gjennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:12 PM   #3
skipzhog

M.O.C. #23080
Theater seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooth ferry View Post
2014 MontHC 305RL. Theater seating. All of the "leather" still looks great on the sofa and theater seating except the headrest areas on the theater seats. When leaning over the backs of the seats to clean the blinds the surface of the "leather" scrubbed off on my jeans and shirt. I would like to have these areas redone but have unable to find a way to take the seat backs off to take to the shop. Have you taken the backs off or found a way to get the seats out to take for repairs?
There are clips at the back where the top and bottom come together. Release like on a home recliner. Might need a small screwdriver to release the clip.
skipzhog is offline   Reply With Quote