Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
denandannie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11789
Water Pump Problems

After not using the Monty for two years, we are finally able to get back on the road with some traveling. In checking out the rig, I have found that the water pump will run, but no water is pumped. There is water in the tank, though. Also, when hooked to city water, water is available at each location. Is it possible due to the long hiatus that the pump needs to be replaced? Any suggestions?

Here is a follow-up to solving my water pump problem stated above. I opened the compartment where the pump is located. After examining the pump and piping, I couldn't really see any problems. Then, I began looking at the water control panel and found that the "winterizing value" was in the "on" position. . .thus preventing any water from flowing into the pump. I don't usually use the winterizing valve, but, since its been two years since we've used the rig (due to us rebuilding our home following a wildfire loss in Sept/2012) I mustuv activated the valve. So, once I turned the winterizing valve "off", letting water flow again, the pump worked just fine. Now, I need to turn off the stupidity value in my brain--if only I can locate it.
denandannie is offline   Reply With Quote