Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2020, 04:18 PM   #1
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Transfer Switch failure

FYI, Progressive Dynamics has apparently discontinued the PD52DCSD ATS with the integrated Surge protector and remote display leaving owners to figure an alternate solution if a failure occurs. Ask me how I know this. Word is they are having significant difficulty obtaining parts to repair them.

Keystone mounted our ATS incorrectly although I don't know if that contributed to the ATS failure. The PD52DCSD manual clearly shows the correct mounting position for a wall mount and it was turned 90 degrees from the instructions. It is a covered warranty item.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 03:51 PM   #2
Cbrandt79
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26693
I am experiencing the same problem with my 3120 rl 2021 legacy
2019 chevy 3500 diesel + Pullrite super glide hitch
Cbrandt79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 08:27 AM   #3
meagle
Established Member

M.O.C. #27563
My transfer switch quit working last week on my new 2021 3121RL. My dealer said that they stop working so often that his suppliers are not carrying them anymore. Montana is now going with Southwire Surge Guard transfer units. Under warranty, the dealer is replacing the transfer switch with a Surge Guard model 40350-RVC. It is a much more robust unit and I will have to pay the difference in cost between the Progressive Dynamics flawed unit and the new Surge Guard transfer switch. I could have had a much cheaper Surge Guard unit installed as a replacement, but decided to have a unit with superior specs installed instead.
meagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 08:36 AM   #4
hemiallen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28242
I picked up my ordered 3120rl about 3 weeks ago, and it has the NEW southwire model 41261 which has a "fail" red light inside the cabinet. I called southwire for information as it isn't on their webpage, and he said I was wrong in the model #, sent him an image and he did search and find it. Seems it is an upgrade of their 41260, and is an upgrade of the '60 model.

It looks like your model might have the digital remote " Technology Research Corp 40299 Surge Guard 50A Hardwire Automatic Transfer Switch"

Looks like a nice upgrade over mine.

Allen
Old 08-31-2021, 06:05 PM   #5
Katherine1962
Established Member

M.O.C. #27099
Same issue with my 2021 3120 legacy.

I could still manually lose the shore side contact but it would not switch automatically from generator to shore. Called keystone and was told there is nothing wrong with it. Said I have to have it inspected by authorized dealer to say if it is a warrenty issue. So even though it is a quick fix to change it out I will have to have it inspected and in the shop for God knows how long. Sucks when you are an experienced maintenance tech and have to wait like this. Oh well once warrenty is over I guess I will not worry about the wait part anymore. Goodluck to all on this issue
Katherine1962 is offline   Reply With Quote