Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2022, 08:08 AM   #1
MORobb
Established Member

M.O.C. #26922
MicroTouch thermostat - Heat Pump Lockout

MicroAir EasyTouch thermostat users. My 351 thermostat says "Heat Pump Lockout" I assume it is too cold to run it. I left it on over night and the temps were pretty cold.

How do I clear the error?

Robb

MORobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:35 AM   #2
Andy Smith
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25951
I wish there were better advanced documentation for this thermostat. Mine occasionally says that but it clears after a moment. I also would like to know if the heatpump/ac or furnace/AC setting has a hi/lo threshold, or it just works all day to keep the set temp. A threshold makes sense, but I feel like it's going to be fighting itself to keep it at exactly the same temp all day.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:23 AM   #3
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
cOol it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Smith View Post
I wish there were better advanced documentation for this thermostat. Mine occasionally says that but it clears after a moment. I also would like to know if the heatpump/ac or furnace/AC setting has a hi/lo threshold, or it just works all day to keep the set temp. A threshold makes sense, but I feel like it's going to be fighting itself to keep it at exactly the same temp all day.

Best just call the company they are very helpful. Mine locks out on a/c occasionally when it freezes up from being to cold out side. I just run the fan for a 1/2 hour to melt the ice and and it`s back to normal.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 03:41 PM   #4
MORobb
Established Member

M.O.C. #26922
Thanks to all for the help. Turned the fan on an let it run for a couple hours. It was 40ish here today. Just checked and it appears to be fixed. Tested and the heat pump started. Then turned it off. so I don't have the same problem.
Old 03-09-2022, 04:49 AM   #5
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
You might run an update on the thermostats if you have wifi available. They came out with an updated firmware that is supposed to take care of the lockout, on the AC side at least.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 05:51 AM   #6
MORobb
Established Member

M.O.C. #26922
Just did the update to both thermostats. We will see, thanks for the info
Old 03-10-2022, 09:52 AM   #7
Bourbon County
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30449
This should probably be a new thread, but you feel that the EasyTouch thermostat(s) were a helpful upgrade?

I'm doing some mods on my 2017 3661RL and this is something I'm considering. I am having a hard time rationalizing how a wifi enabled thermostat would be helpful in an RV. Unless you had a mofi router, mobile hotspot, or were parked in a campground with good wifi, you couldn't even communicate with it. If you do leave the RV for a day to visit a park or local attraction, why would you want to adjust thermostat? If you are relying on solar or generator, I see how it would dovetail nicely to conserve some battery/fuel.

In my opinion personal comfort is the ultimate and only goal for HVAC systems. Is the EasyTouch more accurate than the OEM thermostats at a noticeable level? I'm not questioning anyone's decision to buy one of these, just asking for some feedback on performance and opinions of the thermostat.
Bourbon County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 10:36 AM   #8
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
In our case, I use it to monitor and alert temps for our two English Bulldogs when we are away. I have a mobile router through AT&T, so connectivity is not an issue.
It's also really nice to be able to kick on the heat or ac from the bed using my phone, but that's not really a necessity.
The biggest thing for us is that it solved the issue with our Dometic Capacitive Touch thermostats where the AC would shut off and never come back on, or would run and not shut off even when it was practically snowing in the bedroom. With the Micro Air thermostats, we can actually set a temperature and keep it there.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 10:48 AM   #9
Andy Smith
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25951
For me, I live and work full time in the RV, so I do have a mobile router solution and so use the WiFi features. They're useful for programming temps and monitoring when we're away so the cats and dog stay safe. Also I think they're somewhat more accurate than the OEM one, which was always off by several degrees, or simply didn't kick in until you reset the fuse, regardless of resetting the thermostat.
Old 03-13-2022, 01:25 PM   #10
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourbon County View Post
This should probably be a new thread, but you feel that the EasyTouch thermostat(s) were a helpful upgrade?

I'm doing some mods on my 2017 3661RL and this is something I'm considering. I am having a hard time rationalizing how a wifi enabled thermostat would be helpful in an RV. Unless you had a mofi router, mobile hotspot, or were parked in a campground with good wifi, you couldn't even communicate with it. If you do leave the RV for a day to visit a park or local attraction, why would you want to adjust thermostat? If you are relying on solar or generator, I see how it would dovetail nicely to conserve some battery/fuel.

In my opinion personal comfort is the ultimate and only goal for HVAC systems. Is the EasyTouch more accurate than the OEM thermostats at a noticeable level? I'm not questioning anyone's decision to buy one of these, just asking for some feedback on performance and opinions of the thermostat.
Think of those days when you turn on the furnace in the morning because it's cool, but then turn on the AC in the afternoon as the sun gets up. The factory installed thermostat can't do that, the EasyTouch can with WiFi being a bonus if you have service. I turn the rig down when away but before heading home use my cell phone to put the temp back to normal so I come home to a warm environment (also for cool in the summer)
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote