Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2022, 08:30 AM   #21
RipNC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26926
I think we'd have preferred to have been able to delete the TVs and mattress when we ordered. A dealer order for inventory would be the dealer's decision (how they "show" on the lot). I think that by the time a manufacturer identifies options, supplier etc that model is no longer "stat of the art". We replaced our big tv with Samsung, don't use little tv at all. Probably replace mattress soon.

We ordered w/ genset but I could see that deleting the gen prep gives better storage options.

Edit: lots of wasted space over the genset enclosure!

RipNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 08:56 AM   #22
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by mootana View Post
In regards to the Generator prep, yes we did ask. The feedback we received was a large percentage of Legacy owners never intended to install a generator. So to install the prep it took away exterior storage and charged them for something they would not use. We took that money and installed the Winegard Router that works hand-in-hand with Global connect feature on the iN-Command system and increased the Furrion camera monitor from 5" to 7". While still allowing customers to select the generator prep if it was useful to them.

The Day/Night shades were deleted for a short time due to supply issues. Rather than layoff the plant and delay customers their units, we made the decision to build with night shades.

I hope this provides some clarity to your comment.
Thanks for the info Sam. Are you a former Keystone employee?
Old 03-20-2022, 08:31 AM   #23
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
No, I’m a current employee.
Old 03-20-2022, 10:05 AM   #24
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by mootana View Post
No, I’m a current employee.

It's awesome to have you involved in the forums! Thank you! My last trailer was a Cougar Half Ton 27SEBWE and even with all of it's faults that were fixed over the years we loved it. It was a learning curve buying new verses used but we learned enough and gained enough confidence to upgrade to a Monty.