Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2021, 12:31 PM   #1
Azstuds
Established Member

M.O.C. #25381
Samsung refrigerator leaking

our Samsung residential refrigerator is leaking on the back inside panel just above the crisper drawers
Anyone had this problem ?

Azstuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 02:40 PM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
What model is the Samsung? Did you have the camper winterized and now you have unwinterized? If so, did you winterize the refrigerator too. If you winterized, did you just blow with air, or did you use RV Antifreeze. If you did not do any winterizing (in a warmer location where it's not necessary), is your ice maker working OK? Do you have a water dispenser in the doors? Is it leaking inside the refrigerator, or outside the refrigerator. Could you have ice build up and it's just thawing? Leaking inside or outside? A steady stream, or just an occasional drip.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 03:03 PM   #3
Azstuds
Established Member

M.O.C. #25381
Thanks for your response. we are full time and have not winterized.
We do not have a water dispenser on the door, the water is a steady drip inside the back of the refrig
The ice maker is working ok
Model is number RF18HFENBSR it is "twin cooling" what ever that means
Old 04-02-2021, 03:28 PM   #4
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
This has been a common problem with the Samsung. Go to You Tube and do a search and you will find how to correct the problem.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:43 AM   #5
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I have the same refrigerator in my Montana. I've gone through the user manual (download from on-line), and here's some clues to look for:

• Do not block air holes.
- If the air holes are blocked, especially with a plastic bag, the refrigerator can be over cooled. If this cooling period lasts too long, the water filter may break and cause water leakage.

Press the Energy Saver button for better energy efficiency. If water drops appear on the doors, turn the Energy Saver function off.

There are 77 occurrences of the word "water" in the manual, these are the only two that say anything about any problems.

Inside mine, there is a little plugs on the back of the wall under the Twin Cooling emblem. When mine gets ice build up, that plug will pop out and I can see ice has formed in that hole. That's an indicator that your freezing unit has ice over too much. When that happens, I simply have to turn the refrigerator completely off (I unplug it since there is no true way to turn it off), and let it defrost completely.

It's possible you have simply iced up the drain and it's dripping inside. Is the drip coming from this hole. If so, you are simply iced up. It needs to be turned off for a few hours to thaw out and de-ice the condenser coils.

This is the simplest, least evasive starting point. If you defrost for several hours, and then it still leaks, then I'm out of clues at this point.

Good luck.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:47 AM   #6
Azstuds
Established Member

M.O.C. #25381
Thanks for your help everyone, for some reason it is not dripping this morning.

Maybe it was plugged up or frozen and hopefully it won't happen again