Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2017, 08:23 AM   #1
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Sob help!

Hi,
I don't want to make anyone mad, not sure about this post or where to post. But I need some help. We have a 2003 park model. It's a Woodland park Timber ridge 40' model #M-4485-8, My father-in-law bought new and had it towed and installed in a nice family park as a vacation spot. Well it's my wife and mine for the last 6 years. Okay bottom line is I'm moving it out of the park and bringing it to property we own in Washington state. I have to have it out of the park by 01/01/2018. Not a problem, except I can't figure out how to retract the slides. There are no motors, cables or anything else. Just some long bolts that look like they will raise the slides? and then I guess you just push them in?? I can see rollers where the slides will roll on. I wasn't there when it was set up in 2003. I've called Woodland, no help?? The trailer is 6 hours round trip from my house. I got home late last night, from my 3rd trip in 4 days. I'm heading back over in an hour or so. I'm going to try to get the slides in today, and hopefully repack the bearings. I googled how to get the slides in, on that model and no help. I'm hoping by the time I'm there today, I'll check here on my phone and someone will know how.
Thanks for any help.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:12 PM   #2
GLS3950
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18049
Maybe ask around the park it at
GLS3950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:41 PM   #3
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
Try this site for info.
http://www.titanictrailerservices.co...-for-transport
Old 12-10-2017, 03:05 PM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
You might try calling one of their dealers and speak to their service department.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:16 AM   #5
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifty1 View Post
Great link.
I have slides, there are 4 long bolts. 2 are for raising the bottom of the slide and the other 2 are for raising (leveling the top) I found this out yesterday. My wife's parents, aunts, uncles and cousins have owned park models in this park for more then 40 years. Well people pass, and family's drift so my wife and I are the last. We've kept her parents 2003 Woodland in the park for the 10+years. Never lived in, just a vacation get away for us, our grown kids and grand kids. Well it doesn't get used enough, but that's not what prompted us to get it out. All these 40+ years the park was owned by a lovely couple, now in there 80's. We found out last week that they sold to a major chain campground. The changes that take affect Jan. 1st 2018 are equal to a time share as far as getting out of our spot. So were getting it out before the 1st. As we speak a man and his daughter are removing the 40' deck and awning, seems she's a single mother and just bought a new 40' park model in a park in Grass Valley Ca. So my add on craigslist for a free deck and awning was a success. (If you ever put an add on CL you know what I mean) The coach is 43' from the 2 5/16" ball to the back. I'm using my son's 2015 Duramax which is 21' for a grand total of 64' which is 1' short of the 65' limit. First stop will be scales. The trailer according to Woodlands tech. support is 9620 lbs. with the original furniture. So my main concern will be rear axle weight. So thank you all, and I'll keep you informed, and probably be asking for advice again.